Poll

is talgo coolest

no
no
no
yes

Author Topic: Assault Regiment Extreme Stabbers [ARES] - Best Grapple knifers TDM clan  (Read 253521 times)

well when it comes to space builds it's always the same pattern:

*player* joins server "hi wfsreg"
*player* spawns "WHOAADF NEIC SHIP MAN CAN I HALP BILD?
You: Nope, sorry this is a solo build but you can build your own ship if you'd like"
*player* "OK"
5 minutes pass by...
*player* DARN i sux at bilding i cant maek spaceship like you
*player leaves server while leaving a square of stuffty spam behind for you to pick up"

And even today the cycle still continues.

here at ares we prefer more /permanent/ solutions

* comr4de roosters bolt pistol
Self Delete?

More than once I've considered making an actual background continuity for ARES but I am le lazy

If it would please the members of ARES, since I'm developing a story line for SWORD and my space-related builds that I have brought up with Com over PM, we can tie ARES in with SWORD.

Right now, there is no MAJOR storyline other than;
Yes there are aliens

An estimated 65% of alien species are not hostile

The year is, at least, 2500, at most, 3500

Earth WAS a thriving home world, now it is a mostly empty planet, filled with only industry and tourism.

Between NOW and the decided year, there was a civil war over governing multiple plantary and space colonies. Both sides were allied with an alien race, an both sides were crippled. One side recovered, and the other side hid in shadows and took up pirating.

And more can be discussed further as the members of ARES and it's allies see fit.

also just add me on steam and PM me there, steam name is Comr4de and my avatar is a sneaky pig

If it would please the members of ARES, since I'm developing a story line for SWORD and my space-related builds that I have brought up with Com over PM, we can tie ARES in with SWORD.

Can we add in ISf shizzles to? I like RP :(

Can we add in ISf shizzles to? I like RP :(
That could be arranged. SWORD will mostly be geared for space stations and planets, but I have a few planned ships.

In order for there to be true clan integration, your ships DO require air-locks. Better yet would be a docking bay. I haven't gotten around to building my transport ships for getting between a ship and a station, but the hallway has to be, at a minimum, 8x wide, 7x tall.. It could be external if you can make that look good, but I wouldn't recommend it. THis won't be anything like star wars's death star where ALL the ships fit inside a HUGE room with a plasma wall to keep pressure inside the bay.

I'll release images when I can of the docking bay.
edit:
For now, this is the station itself, no props included (except for the work that is in the immediate area)-
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:24:11 PM by AdinX »

Right now, there is no MAJOR storyline other than;
Yes there are aliens

An estimated 65% of alien species are not hostile

The year is, at least, 2500, at most, 3500

Earth WAS a thriving home world, now it is a mostly empty planet, filled with only industry and tourism.

Between NOW and the decided year, there was a civil war over governing multiple plantary and space colonies. Both sides were allied with an alien race, an both sides were crippled. One side recovered, and the other side hid in shadows and took up pirating.

And more can be discussed further as the members of ARES and it's allies see fit.
Now lets tie in the plot I made one day on the ARES server and com strangely liked. The current fleet of Argos Rho is on an expedition into a newly found star cluster. While flying through the new found cluster the fleet was attacked by a race of aliens called the Meridians. The Meridians happen to own the cluster and have been living among it for centuries. Now war has broken out between both sides. (now part where I bridge gap into your idea)

Most people who disliked there current governing bodies found in the midst of chaos it was a perfect time to strike against them. So now a few years after the space command is deciding how to rule over there systems so it would not happen again. But with negotiations comes protests about the ideas and with protests come skirmishes. These skirmishes lead to war where we are today. The rebellion with the rising back to its original prime The Meridians. Attacking the Argos Rho fleet as it flies through deep black void of space.
(now this is when i notice you posted a second time)

That could be arranged. SWORD will mostly be geared for space stations and planets, but I have a few planned ships.

In order for there to be true clan integration, your ships DO require air-locks. Better yet would be a docking bay. I haven't gotten around to building my transport ships for getting between a ship and a station, but the hallway has to be, at a minimum, 8x wide, 7x tall.. It could be external if you can make that look good, but I wouldn't recommend it. THis won't be anything like star wars's death star where ALL the ships fit inside a HUGE room with a plasma wall to keep pressure inside the bay.

I'll release images when I can of the docking bay.
edit:
For now, this is the station itself, no props included (except for the work that is in the immediate area)-
-snip-
Halls are already this way and ships are fit with airlocks. The docking bay thing we will attempt on future ships but the oxygen / gravitational barrier would be planned. If we are coming up with space tech then ships also need: gravity generator, main core, back up core, oxygen generator, Co2 for oxygen exchange compressor, communications
Receiving:
From Fleet Communications Outpost Channel                                             
Private Channel
Public Channel
Tapping for picking up private messages
Transmitting:
To Fleet Communications Outpost
Public Channel
Private Channel
Distress Signal Transmitter
Radar:
, communications processing room, docking bay controls, disposal units, CIC, cargo bays,  general bridge, navigation's, pumps, liquid storage, ventilation, crawl spaces for maintenance. I believe that's it. AdinX PM me later on other ideas for us to discuss.

Plot is good imo, just as long as we can accept the idea that in total, the "blocklandian" (or w/e name you want) race has discovered 8+ other species of sentient beings.
ships also need: gravity generator Will do, main core Already done, back up coreJust duplicates of the same core, 4 total, maybe 3, oxygen generator planned, not done, Co2 for oxygen exchange compressor not even sure what that is, communications That's this station's entire purpose. It's a relay-station. Think of a relay brick, how it works in sequence. That ONE brick, is essentially this station. , communications processing room Props 50% done, room not even placed yet, docking bay controls will need to discuss further, it should mostly be automated aside from whether a ship is tractor beam'd into it's port spot and allowed access to the ship, disposal units wasn't considered with the design, Im sure I can work in a trash room with some airlocks, CIC Combat Information Center? Please confirm that acronym., cargo bays not too important with this station, but I do have storage planned NEAR the docking bay.,  general bridge floor 5, high ranking officers only, general station controls, navigation's, pumps not even sure what that is, liquid storage not considered, to be added, ventilation not possible with this station, will be added to the next design*, crawl spaces for maintenance. *

-stuff n replies-
Yes we can agree on that
Back up core is a smaller core met for only sustaining life support
the Co2 for oxygen exchange compressor is a general machine that takes carbon dioxide and compresses it back into oxygen. It's pretty much a mechanical plant lacking photosynthesis since it itself does not need to breath.
Combat Information Center? yes
general station controls I was just listing things a spaceship needed not thinking about your station.
not even sure what that is, pumps for transporting liquids and what not. power, water, ec
not possible with this station a 2x2 oct tube can be used as a ventilation. where was it ever stated you have to crawl inside the vents?

a 2x2 oct tube can be used as a ventilation. where was it ever stated you have to crawl inside the vents?

Well when you said crawl spaces for maintenance, my mind immediately connected the two.
Ventilation I could add in the actual rooms, but I'd like to keep the hallways the way they are now...

Currently, the station project is shelved and I'm working on a MERP to host eventually. When the time comes, I'll call upon members of ARES to come and pitch in what knowledge they can in terms of reasonable requirements for a space station.

I will be moving to Germany in the summer (maybe) so there will be a time when I can't get on, and if worst comes to worst, I won't be online at all. The station SHOULD be done before the summer, but in the rare case that it's not, I have 3 other players whom I could trust with ALL of my saves. If I am gone, I can manage the SWORD clan, draw up sketches and upload the pictures via public libraries, my assortment of flash drives and my iPhone, but I'm not sure whether I'll even have a computer or not, as it's a temporary stay in Germany.

It all sounds pretty cool so far. ISF stands for intaki star fleet owned by the intaki syndicate. Feel free to add us as allies, enemies, or neutral to either faction if you want us to be apart of it

I'm not really taking notes of anything for the moment, com. I'm just reaching out to the larger space RP clans.

However. There is a planned TDM.
A planetary invasion, humans vs mutalids

-snip-
Space trees! because normal trees just don't provide enough oxygen...

Just caught a rare glimpse of spam-in-progress.