Author Topic: KONY 2012: The movement to end Joseph Kony  (Read 22815 times)

I hope you forgeters know that this entire Kony stuff was solved 6 years ago with peace talks between the LRA and Uganda but im sure you would've known about that if you cared about them. At least do some research before raising awareness for something that is of old now.

LRA is screwing with other countries now

Your basically saying the UN forces should start ANOTHER war between them and the LRA which has basically little to or no power left. Oh yay lets spend another 10 years looking for a war criminal, we have more important jobs to do like stop loving WW3 from happening, climate change etc.

Because the government can only focus on 1 thing at a time. Also, I highly doubt it would be a full scale war.

YOU people are the reason why the world will turn to stuff because we will be focusing on things that are happening in counties that are 500 years behind in modern civilization. What did we do 500 years ago you ask? WE took slaves, black people of all ages. SO STFU

So because people on our country did similar things a long time ago, we can't stop other powers from doing it? Your logic is very odd.

I hope you forgeters know that this entire Kony stuff was solved 6 years ago with peace talks between the LRA and Uganda but im sure you would've known about that if you cared about them. At least do some research before raising awareness for something that is of old now. Your basically saying the UN forces should start ANOTHER war between them and the LRA which has basically little to or no power left. Oh yay lets spend another 10 years looking for a war criminal, we have more important jobs to do like stop loving WW3 from happening, climate change etc.

YOU people are the reason why the world will turn to stuff because we will be focusing on things that are happening in counties that are 500 years behind in modern civilization. What did we do 500 years ago you ask? WE took slaves, black people of all ages. SO STFU

You obviously did not listen to the video close enough -_-

the creator was just on morning news over here and he answered the criticism about the 1/3 funding going to africa or whatever. he basically said that this isn't following the traditional charity model and they value education and awareness as the most important aspect of the project. basically the aim is to make people care, from that governments will be forced to act. this isn't a "pay and we'll give it to africa" campaign

so i'm still all for this.

All the proceeds need to fund a mercenary spec ops mission to infiltrate and assassinate Kony. That's the only way this can go down "peacefully".

EDIT: I'm all for supporting education in Africa. Continue to build schools over there.

All the proceeds need to fund a mercenary spec ops mission to infiltrate and assassinate Kony. That's the only way this can go down "peacefully".

EDIT: I'm all for supporting education in Africa. Continue to build schools over there.
Thats one of the purposes, to use the search for Kony as an excuse to invade the congo

My town is doing the cover the night thing. Really glad I watched it. :D

Thats one of the purposes, to use the search for Kony as an excuse to invade the congo

Not by a military, by some people like the A-Team.

I hope you forgeters know that this entire Kony stuff was solved 6 years ago with peace talks between the LRA and Uganda but im sure you would've known about that if you cared about them. At least do some research before raising awareness for something that is of old now. Your basically saying the UN forces should start ANOTHER war between them and the LRA which has basically little to or no power left. Oh yay lets spend another 10 years looking for a war criminal, we have more important jobs to do like stop loving WW3 from happening, climate change etc.

ONLY ON THE BLOCKLAND FORUMS... not really

It doesn't matter what the issue is, there will always be a few people who have to stand out.

You could be advocating saving puppies from burning buildings, and someone is going to spend 5 minutes on the Internet and half an hour using Excel to make a graph demonstrating it's not economical to risk firemen's safety for that of an animal.

Just listened to Flux Pavilion.

'I Can't Stop' has probably gained half a million more views because of KONY 2012.

Just listened to Flux Pavilion.

'I Can't Stop' has probably gained half a million more views because of KONY 2012.

rofl.

I can't watch the video because of my data limit can someone please explain to me wtf is going on?

I can't watch the video because of my data limit can someone please explain to me wtf is going on?

(I think:) Some people realized that some African (dictator?) in Uganda is using children for love and as soldiers and now they're attempting to stop him.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:28:56 PM by Blastdown »