Author Topic: Orion's Office DM  (Read 3337 times)

oh goooood why is the snow so eye rape white
please
for the love of god

remove the blinding whiteness of the snow

^have never seen snow

Anyways it's good but looks a little... too blocky. It's also a bit wonky in the color department, but other than that, it's great!

^have never seen snow

Anyways it's good but looks a little... too blocky. It's also a bit wonky in the color department, but other than that, it's great!
specifics?

^have never seen snow
unless its a perfectly clear day out and there are no shadows at all then snow is never that eye blinding, it looks ugly and sucks

unless its a perfectly clear day out and there are no shadows at all then snow is never that eye blinding, it looks ugly and sucks
I'll apologize for Orion for the fact that he can't create brick shadows at the moment and that he used all of the utilities he could to make a good build.

specifics?

Blocky:
The little red signs (i.e. that " < A >") would probably look better with a print or ramps used cleverly somehow.
The interior could use some rounding off aside from the parking area
The rubble at the defender spawn is rather tall; IMO plates would work better.
And the interior details, like the stacks of grey cubes. I'm not even sure what those are, so I don't know if I can say they're blocky or not. :s

Colors:
The section with the blue-painted grey brick wall is one thing, the blue is a little brighter and the grey too blueish. This is probably just the colorset though, dunno.
That gigantic red wall could use a darker tone.
That one light stone grey is seriously overused in the exterior area.

I hope that didn't sound too offensive. :c

Look at the map's sky and check for shadows.

Yeah, exactly.

^have never seen snow

I have seen snow and when it's cloudy it's darker than EYE RAPE BLINDING WHITE

I'll apologize for Orion for the fact that he can't create brick shadows at the moment and that he used all of the utilities he could to make a good build.
Not at all what I said, what I'm saying is that snow wouldn't be so eye blindingly white and it doesn't improve the gameplay at all.

The snow isn't even bright
What is wrong with you people?

Besides,
>the map he's using does not have any clouds, as far as I can see
>brick shadows do not exist as of yet
>snow is reflective as forget and is actualy eye-blindingly white, though much brighter than depticted here.

There's a reason a kind of temporary blindness is called snow blindness.

Alteration is right; if any of you have went skiing/snowboarding before you should know.

Although, it doesn't mean it has to be this bright here. Personally I'd prefer light brown dirt, but it really doesn't affect gameplay.

Why are you guys even arguing about it?

The Style of the way this TDM is built is... New. I like it. Gameplay was great and it was fun when i was there.

Blocky:
The little red signs (i.e. that " < A >") would probably look better with a print or ramps used cleverly somehow.
i don't think i can use ramps easily without it not looking like spray-paint (that's what it's supposed to be) and there's no vertical print brick that size. I'd also like the words to be red so the smaller ones wouldn't be done too well either.
The interior could use some rounding off aside from the parking area
i'll see how this looks.
The rubble at the defender spawn is rather tall; IMO plates would work better.
i'll also see how this looks
And the interior details, like the stacks of grey cubes. I'm not even sure what those are, so I don't know if I can say they're blocky or not. :s
supposed to be filing cabinets

Colors:
The section with the blue-painted grey brick wall is one thing, the blue is a little brighter and the grey too blueish. This is probably just the colorset though, dunno.
the only blue in the place is in the garage, i didn't use it on any other surfaces, it's probably just the pictures.
That gigantic red wall could use a darker tone.
i'll try this, i think it's the darkest on the set though.
That one light stone grey is seriously overused in the exterior area.
i'll also try to fix this, but it's one building. you don't see a skyscraper with a different color on all sides.

I hope that didn't sound too offensive. :c
not at all

Look at the map's sky and check for shadows.

Yeah, exactly.