Author Topic: [TmFd] Venator Class - Star Destroyer  (Read 8959 times)

1 stud = 1 foot would be quite accurate.

Noting that the Venator Class Star Destroyer is about 1134 meters long, and that meters in blockland are 3 studs... I think it would be a bit too big if I respected the dimensions...

It would, but that's no reason not to. The update will probably come in time to raise the 256k brick limit.

With the furthest render distance it would be impossible to see the end of the ship... not to mention getting everywhere in the ship would also take ages. I would love to try it during my summer 2 month holidays, but I shall see... I hope I have my new computer by then too.

I like it. Your brick use could be a bit more efficient, but it's pretty nice. Get to work on the command deck thingy! :)

It doesn't look like it's quite the right shape.. The Star destroyer has a sort of triangle front, and it's back sticks out farther then the rest. But you're build is just a sort of cylinder, I see how you're trying to gradually make the front thinner, but I think it's too gradual.

It doesn't look like it's quite the right shape.. The Star destroyer has a sort of triangle front, and it's back sticks out farther then the rest. But you're build is just a sort of cylinder, I see how you're trying to gradually make the front thinner, but I think it's too gradual.
I agree with this.

Hmm, maybe, but notice the front of the actual ship is big enough for 2 Gunships... So I think the front is close to the model.

I really like this build and I have faith in it. Keep up the great work.

Oh my god. This looks foidshgohagosdvhnuagfgnabgfdf ghaioghdsafnmjkhnavfiogjiaohf goiahgi... amazing.
Grow up

1 stud = 1 foot would be quite accurate.
I usually estimate roughly 2 studs to one foot

I usually estimate roughly 2 studs to one foot

That doesn't sound right.  A basic door would be 6-8 studs wide by that system.  I use 1s=1ft, and 5 bricks = 7 feet vertically.

Hard to tell from the angle of the pics, but the back looks a little narrow.

Next holidays I might try a model with 3 studs per meter and see how it turns out, I think what makes it difficult is the ramps which aren't slanted enough (I do use a brick pack though)