Author Topic: School internet restrictions  (Read 3976 times)

my teachers cant access youtube.
I lol'd at
Quote
Well, I guess they blocked youtube for the teachers
quote: from my teacher

oh yeah my brothers friend hacked into the school website and changed the lunch menu.
He got suspended for 2 days.

Someone doesn't know about Grooveshark.com.
Well, I've never really wanted to listen to music myself at school, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't use a school-computer.
I could do so now if I wanted to at College, as they allow you access to YouTube and such.
But they this unusual tool-thing where the computer will stop you from getting onto YouTube, bring you to a page where it tells you that you have 30 minutes of allocatted time on YouTube, and then let you choose to continue to your page and start using your time.

And once you reach 30 minutes you would have to log out of your account and sign back in and restart.
I'm not quite sure what the purpose of it is, since they let us use YouTube in the first place.
I think it's possibly to just try and make sure we don't spend all our time on YouTube and actually use the computers for college work so that we don't take up a computer and prevent someone else from actually doing something proper.

The forums are blocked at school now. Just started last week.

I hate everything my school does.
how do they know youve been on the forums.

how do they know youve been on the forums.

Internet history.
They blocked it here as well, probably because I was browsing it and not even trying to hide it.
Still, https will circumvent it.

sorry to go off-topic, but I have been looking at your forum avatar for like 5 minutes.

>try to access 4chan at school

>Access Denied

Reason: Vulgar and research

Yeah sounds about right

>try to access BL forums

>Access granted

How does that even work?

Internet history.
They blocked it here as well, probably because I was browsing it and not even trying to hide it.
Still, https will circumvent it.

clearing my history dosnt work, I have to do some MAJOR workaround to get past the keylogger.

Solution:Browse using a alternative proxy and the website ip.