Author Topic: Post Your Desktop 2 / Desktop Megathread  (Read 287479 times)

It's the new devices you need to be careful with. I dropped my phone (iP. Orig) on accident form the lab's table (pretty high) screen-first and it survived. On the other hand, my mom dropped her phone (iP. 5C) from a short chair onto the floor screen-first and it broke.
I've dropped my old iPod 2g many times. No breakage.

I've dropped my current iPod 5G many times. No breakage.

Really, the only one that is more fragile than the others is the 5C, because it has no aluminum shell.

The new ones are made to break. The more often they need replacing, the more money Apple makes.

The new ones are made to break. The more often they need replacing, the more money Apple makes.
You're just choc full of bullstuff aren't you

everyone tries to make their desktops really simple, i did that once and i found it more difficult to use than a messy desktop/phone launcher

not saying that people find it harder with simple desktops, just that i find it a bit plain and boring, i only hide icons when i cba with them (aka when i'm not doing work)

Apple has never reduced build quality in their products. That is one thing, Apple fans and Apple haters should all agree on. I have had a Mac from 2002, 2006, 2008, and used ones from 2014. I've also had old iPods, as well as the latest one. There is no reduction in build quality. If anything, it's increased. Making one completely out of plastic as an alternative choice doesn't mean they "made them to break". The 5C may be made out of plastic, but that doesn't mean it's made poorly out of plastic.

Bumpity

School mac desktop incoming

Amazing. Simply amazing.
You should put your newer avatar on that.

Amazing. Simply amazing.
You should put your newer avatar on that.
but LSD bricks looks so appropriate on it! a blue ear will just look silly

I switched to Arch. I like the bleeding-edge software. BTW, all of the new gnome applications such as gedit, and file roller, are going to have those huge loving window borders no matter what theme your WM has. It sucks.