Author Topic: I learned I got one hell of a singing voice when it comes to country  (Read 3353 times)

Country music is terrible.

I listened to it for 14 years. Then I heard something else. Haven't gone back since.

I've been country free for 8 years now. I also dropped the southern accent (it actually took effort) around the same time.
Mind telling us what the 'something else' is?

I hate anything Government. So I approve of your fact.
I don't know bout everyone else

Its not easy to drop what you lived for.

Lived for? LOL

It's all I knew. Once I realized how handicapped it was, I stopped it.

Lived for? LOL

It's all I knew. Once I realized how handicapped it was, I stopped it.
I don't get it. Whats stupid bout it? Just asking.

I hate anything Government.
I didn't think you were stupid until I saw this.

I didn't think you were stupid until I saw this.
How am I stupid for hating the Government? They only forgeted over my family so many times. They took our house that my Grandpa worked his ass off for, locked my dad up for what he didn't do (he's out now), took a lot of other stuff, were no help when our car was stolen (still didn't get it back), and now do you see why I hate the government?

Mind telling us what the 'something else' is?

Literally anything but country music. I'm not joking.

I don't get it. Whats stupid bout it? Just asking.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to the music or the accent.

The music is based on opinion. Calling the "accent" handicapped is a bit more factual. It's crammed full of mispronunciations, horrible grammar, and an incorrect number of syllables. It's not easy to listen to or understand. And almost everyone I live around speaks this way. I think I reserve the right to hate it without stereotyping.

Literally anything but country music. I'm not joking.

I'm not sure whether you're referring to the music or the accent.

The music is based on opinion. Calling the "accent" handicapped is a bit more factual. It's crammed full of mispronunciations, horrible grammar, and an incorrect number of syllables. It's not easy to listen to or understand. And almost everyone I live around speaks this way. I think I reserve the right to hate it without stereotyping.

Alright makes sense.
I can explain the poor grammar part: Simple we can't get no good education out here because we are still economicly forgeted.
The mispronunciations is just how he talk. Just like someone from another city they talk with a accent to.

Alright makes sense.
I can explain the poor grammar part: Simple we can't get no good education out here because we are still economicly forgeted.
The mispronunciations is just how he talk. Just like someone from another city they talk with a accent to.

Poser status acquired, move out team.

The mispronunciations I'm referring to are far more blatant... such as completely changing the structure of the word.

Potatoes (three syllables) - taters (two syllables)
Toys (one syllable) - toe wees (two syllables)
Ship (one syllable) - she up (two syllables)

And some other random examples:

Watchin'
Growin'
Using "could of" instead of "could have"

Ugh. I could go on and on.

The mispronunciations I'm referring to are far more blatant... such as completely changing the structure of the word.

Potatoes (three syllables) - taters (two syllables)
Toys (one syllable) - toe wees (two syllables)
Ship (one syllable) - she up (two syllables)

And some other random examples:

Watchin'
Growin'
Using "could of" instead of "could have"

Ugh. I could go on and on.

Oh that. I can't really explain that its just how we talk.

"I like me some dem mashed taters."
What I really mean "I like mashed potatoes."

I guess its just a shorter way of talking, I do it a lot.