Author Topic: V14 Be able to play all those maps we all like!  (Read 4227 times)

True, Heed never does anything on his server, but it's still a good server.
im active all the time >_>

I actually liked it better when we had less events, people actually made builds that didn't rely on events.

V8 community was better, and the servers were generally more quality-oriented.

Although I have to agree some addons were really cool. Like nitramj's boat mod (that he never released :/ )

I actually liked it better when we had less events, people actually made builds that didn't rely on events.
Click challenges?
TDM's?
Cool houses with working circuitry?

V8 community was better, and the servers were generally more quality-oriented.
That I can't argue over.  Well, kinda.  Trolls were bound to show up, regardless if we stayed back or not.

wrong! many lame hosts can host great fun servers, and many great hosts sometimes host complete crap

There is more to a "good server" than what each person subjectively decides is fun. ;)

wrong. great for building, saved resources and time.

You need an interior to help you save resources and time? I smell bullstuff.

In saving resources and time, you lose creativity and effort.

Although this principle might be bent both ways.

No I'm sorry but having an expansive map doesn't make you unwillingly build for longer unless you choose to. Nobody has that little self control lol.

There is more to a "good server" than what each person subjectively decides is fun. ;)
not really. stop overthinking it. good server = fun server
You need an interior to help you save resources and time? I smell bullstuff.
yes. a simple tdm with 10,000 bricks in slopes would cost over 300,000 in bricks.

not really. stop overthinking it. good server = fun server.

Disagree thoroughly.

A server isn't just about how fun it is. Its about what mods are used (affects DMs, affects how / what you can build with, etc) what admins operate there, what policies the admins uphold, how they treat players, how ban happy they are, if they maintain it well and clean spam, etc. There are many factors.

Your simplistic view is just that; yours.

a simple tdm with 10,000 bricks in slopes would cost over 300,000 in bricks.

You really, really need a map to tell you how and what to build? That is just handicapped. I'm not buying it.

Rofl. I downloaded V0002 I personaly think it was more expanded. but face it.

WHEN YOU PLACE OVER 200 BRICKS IT GETS LAGGY AS stuff.'

Even on my old stuff computers, that wasn't true.

What I don't like about v21 is that now anything you build can be found. You can no longer just build in an odd spot on the terrain or interior and no one can find you. Just move around enough and you might find someone's house just out in the open.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:33:43 PM by MegaScientifical »

Disagree thoroughly.

A server isn't just about how fun it is. Its about what mods are used (affects DMs, affects how / what you can build with, etc) what admins operate there, what policies the admins uphold, how they treat players, how ban happy they are, if they maintain it well and clean spam, etc. There are many factors.

Isn't all that part of a "Good Server"?

Isn't all that part of a "Good Server"?

Huh? I think you misread what I wrote.

Disagree thoroughly.

that all goes into fun... crap admins takes away from the fun. being banned is obviously not fun. stop calculating all this crap and just have fun it isn't hard. then when you all don't have fun you all just cry about it.

understand what heedicalking meant for noobs part 1 (read it normally):
i have fun on blockland by doing this: go to a server. if it sucks leave. keep going to servers until i find a fun one. if i don't, i host my own or play something else. the host doesn't have to determine whether a server is good or not.
You really, really need a map to tell you how and what to build? That is just handicapped. I'm not buying it.
umm thats not what i said at all -_-

understanding what heedicalking meant for noobs part 2 (read it like a 3rd grade teacher would, it helps):
slopes saves resources. slopes saves resources by reducing the need to ghost, render, save, and load tons of bricks!
now rendering bricks costs resources, and saving and loading bricks can take a looong long time!
terrain also allows your cars to drive smoother! it also can go on and on forever... imagine that!

that all goes into fun... crap admins takes away from the fun. being banned is obviously not fun. stop calculating all this crap and just have fun it isn't hard. then when you all don't have fun you all just cry about it.

understand what heedicalking meant for noobs part 1 (read it normally):
i have fun on blockland by doing this: go to a server. if it sucks leave. keep going to servers until i find a fun one. if i don't, i host my own or play something else. the host doesn't have to determine whether a server is good or not. umm thats not what i said at all -_-

understanding what heedicalking meant for noobs part 2 (read it like a 3rd grade teacher would, it helps):
slopes saves resources. slopes saves resources by reducing the need to ghost, render, save, and load tons of bricks!
now rendering bricks costs resources, and saving and loading bricks can take a looong long time!
terrain also allows your cars to drive smoother! it also can go on and on forever... imagine that!
Firstly: Fun is determined by what the user enjoys.  EXAMPLE: I enjoy making absurd weapon combinations.  Heed enjoys simplicity.  Sheath enjoys complexity. 
Secondly: Part 2 had some good points, but that doesn't change the fact that it is going to happen.