Author Topic: V14 Be able to play all those maps we all like!  (Read 4243 times)

If you are using a key on an old version (that is not beta), Badspot revokes your key, I believe.

If you are using a key on an old version (that is not beta), Badspot revokes your key, I believe.
No, you just can't connect to the master server.

No, you just can't connect to the master server.
This is what I was wondering, so that means no one could host a V-21 server.

This is what I was wondering, so that means no one could host a V-21 server.
Well, I think they could still connect through IP.

Well, I think they could still connect through IP.
But wouldn't the server have to connect to the master server? And if the master server saw that it was an outdated version, reject connection?

The master server lists servers. You don't need it to connect, it's only there to list confirmed servers.

On my Mac I had been using v18 or v19 until last week because I was too lazy to update.

I joined many servers while other players were in v20's. I have now updated to ensure everything stays compatible. But I had no issues.

So the master server does accept it.

Then by all means, someone must host a v14 server.

And when you had to port forward in V8 we had less servers and more people in those servers.

There wasn't over 20 different family RPG servers out at once.

I'm glad we don't need to port forward though.

Hey guys, Its 4D.
I just found out you can download other versions.
Steps:

1. Go to the page the original post had.

2.Go to the url address.

3.Type in where it says V14

4.Type in whichever through V11-V20.

Have fun!

What if Badspot reads this and tells the master server not to accept anything under v21? Also, that idea plain sucks... Noone will be online because everyone plays a different version...

What if Badspot reads this and tells the master server not to accept anything under v21? Also, that idea plain sucks... Noone will be online because everyone plays a different version...

Offline mode?

Playing alone is boring