Brick with Multiple Datablocks?

Author Topic: Brick with Multiple Datablocks?  (Read 1923 times)

Is it possible to have a brick with multiple datablocks? For instance, each face of a brick has it's own datablock/brickfile, and so can be painted and printed individually, but act together as one brick. If so, how would that be scripted?

I would laugh so hard if someone mananged to make that.
This isn't the first time it's been asked, I seem to remember trying to figure out if a mario ? block (a print cube) could have a different print on top.

My only guess at all is to have separate bricks, with 0 (or as close to 0 as possible) thickness (for height and width). Frankly, it would be pretty darn cool if someone managed to make that. It would probably be supported from the inside by a cube or something, but idk. Maybe that would work better if the underside had a 2x2 brick attatched as part of it, so there would be a plus-shaped support for them.

All this is just the random speculations of a noob who doesn't know what can't be done, so it's probably way off.

Could you not make a script that auto-plants different bricks next to another brick?
for example, you plant the base and the rest of the brick is planted nearby?

Could you not make a script that auto-plants different bricks next to another brick?
for example, you plant the base and the rest of the brick is planted nearby?
yes of course

is this the real [GSF]Ghost? havent seen you in a while

is this the real [GSF]Ghost?

Oh god i laughed quite a bit.

no mahn sum1 haxcked heim!!!11one!

I would laugh so hard if someone mananged to make that.
This isn't the first time it's been asked, I seem to remember trying to figure out if a mario ? block (a print cube) could have a different print on top.

My only guess at all is to have separate bricks, with 0 (or as close to 0 as possible) thickness (for height and width). Frankly, it would be pretty darn cool if someone managed to make that. It would probably be supported from the inside by a cube or something, but idk. Maybe that would work better if the underside had a 2x2 brick attatched as part of it, so there would be a plus-shaped support for them.

All this is just the random speculations of a noob who doesn't know what can't be done, so it's probably way off.
Why would you make it a print cube. Just use textures and the correct UV mapping. ???

Oh god i laughed quite a bit.

no mahn sum1 haxcked heim!!!11one!
id rather be taken seriously, but nevermind, i got my answer

Why would you make it a print cube. Just use textures and the correct UV mapping. ???

Because I can't model or even texture worth stuff. If I could, I'd have done that long ago.

is this the real [GSF]Ghost? havent seen you in a while
Hey sonic dude :)

Well, it doesn't look like it's possible; thanks for the replies. I'll lock the topic, unless anyone else has any ideas?

Entirely possible, even with just 3 datablocks. It'll just take up 6 brick objects.

Treasure chest open and closed is two bricks.

The chest is also a completely different concept.