Author Topic: Common Problems: Unjoinable Server  (Read 855 times)

Unjoinable Server Hosting-Can be solved!

Description:
Having trouble with people joining your server?
Can't even join your server?
This can be solved with a 75% guaranteed series of steps

Before we start...
Things to be aware of/fixed:

1.[]-Is your Router/Internet working properly?

2.[]-Is your server showing up on your LAN or Internet

3.[]-Have you port forwarded your blockland to your router?

4.[]-Is your blockland going through your firewall?

5.[]-Is your port set to 28000 in "Start a Server"

Solutions:

1. Go to your bottom right of your screen. It should be a little computer or like mine, 5 Bars (like AT&T's or Adidas) Make sure it is connected to the one that works for you and working fine. (I don't see why I bothered putting this since it should be working)

2. Go to join a server, find your server and look under the Ping it should be under 200 to be a healthy server but if it is --- it is either glitched or not working. Keep in mind that sometimes if it is --- it can work but you should try to fix that because I am not even 50% sure how, probably a firewall or router problem. which comes to question 3.

3. Have you port forwarded yet...Sort of a dumb question but try looking in the "Search" tab or try the link below,
"http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=40783.0"

4. Blockland and firewall...Its a little unknown which one it is to enable since there is like 5 of them for me. So what you do is you go to your control panel and search "Firewall" it should pop up with a tab called "allow a program through your firewall" click it and change settings. Make it so that each "Blockland" is enables and is it to [\,] for public and private.

5. Very, very, easy to fix. Go to start a server and find the server prefs. in the Port thing type 28000 if it is not set to it already. Sometimes, rarely, if you try 28100 it can work but I would not recommend it. Stick to 2800and fix it from that.

Main Problem Description:

Now those where some common errors but the real problem for me was that I didn't do the Port forwarding right. I tried doing it myself and worked until today. I will not set a picture because I am not sure if it safe enough to give it away. Solution below.

Main Problem Solution:

1.Go to your router, which should be 192.168.(yours)
2.Go to the "Advanced Tab" and "Port Forwarding"
3.Local ID should be 192.168.(yours)
4.Start [28000] - (end port) [28100]
5.Protocol [Both] and Enabled [\,]

**NOTE**MAKE SURE, now this is what I did wrong, THAT YOU SET THE (yours) TO THE RIGHT ONE IT COULD BE 2 NUMBERS

What I did for the note is made 3 ports to 28000-28100 and one of them works. I will leave them and so far a ping has shown up in internet.

That is pretty much everything you need to know so if there is a problem/ mistake please comment below so I can fix.

Tip: Dont post tutorials in Help. You can't edit them.

Tip: Dont post tutorials in Help. You can't edit them.

Erm... its called help for a reason. Many other users have posted tutorials here that have been stickied in the past. The OP just needs to make sure that everything is correct before they post.

Erm... its called help for a reason. Many other users have posted tutorials here that have been stickied in the past. The OP just needs to make sure that everything is correct before they post.

well he has a point, I forgot you cant modify in a help section which ispretty dumb so Ill edit in the comments. But yeah it is help for a reason.

I've done everything but the server still isn't joinable...

I've done everything but the server still isn't joinable...

I am sorry then. Are you sure you have port forwarded right? Because thats all I know that can cause this.

Yes I have. If you need pics of the port forwarded stuff let me know.

Yes I have. If you need pics of the port forwarded stuff let me know.

Let me see the pics.