Author Topic: I haven't been sleeping well.  (Read 965 times)

Okay I'll start with in 7th grade(last year) I had perfect sleep, went to bed at 10:00 and woke up at 6:30 am perfect own my own.

Then in the summer I started sleeping super late and waking up at 5pm it was awkward for my no-existant life, the only time I had my life was on the weekends.
Anyway I continued doing this same routine.

Then 8th grade came(present), It was going fine, I got up early still idk, then sometime after thanksgiving I started going to bed later and waking up later, my mother insisted I went to bed earlier so that I wake up early on my own like previous.  So I did as told and went to bed earlier, and surely I woke up very late, my mother got worried, so March 14 I did a sleep study, it's kind of were they hook you up to a bunch of wires and such and study your sleep.  at the study i went to bed at 10
and woke up at 5am IDK how that happend.

Idk somedays I go to bed early and wake up late and it's all forgeted up, I don't know what's wrong with my body, it might be because I'm worried somedays, sleep experts said that worries can affect your sleep, who knows, I'm just frustrated.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:12:07 PM by Eussorus »

you just have a forgeted up sleep schedule
just continue going to be early until you get used to it

On summer break I would fall asleep at like 8AM and wake up at like 6PM
Me and my dad barely ever saw eachother besides on mornings. ;-;
I had to stay up all day and go to bed at 10 to fix this.

Idk why but I broke out laughing when I read "I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 5".
Lmfao.

Idk why but I broke out laughing when I read "I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 5".
Lmfao.
At the sleep study, I got up. Idk after the sleep study march 14 I started waking up at diffrent times.

Let me get this straight, you find yourself sleeping for more than 16 to 20 hours and its out of your control?

He's a forgetin monster.
Lol I have no clue what you did.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:13:33 AM by Kilser »

Let me get this straight, you find yourself sleeping for more than 16 to 20 hours and its out of your control?
no, my sleep is out my control yes, some nights I sleep 4 other I sleep 8 or 9 it's so forgeted up, and I go to bed at the same time.

I got to bed at 10:00 but I don't have school tomorrow so i'm up.

Eat some skittles.

The rainbow will help. always

no, my sleep is out my control yes, some nights I sleep 4 other I sleep 8 or 9 it's so forgeted up, and I go to bed at the same time.

Ahh I see.

Do you feel energized when you wake up after 4 hours?

I personally used to go to bed at 10PM and I would usually wake up at 2AM, and sometimes 6AM. But I'd always just fall asleep again.

I rarely ever go a whole night without waking up. I usually wake up at least twice each night. If you are just waking up randomly in the night its okay. But if you wake up energized and ready to start the day after only 4 hours... that is weird. :o

Ahh I see.

Do you feel energized when you wake up after 4 hours?

I personally used to go to bed at 10PM and I would usually wake up at 2AM, and sometimes 6AM. But I'd always just fall asleep again.

I rarely ever go a whole night without waking up. I usually wake up at least twice each night. If you are just waking up randomly in the night its okay. But if you wake up energized and ready to start the day after only 4 hours... that is weird. :o
No, I never wake up during the night, normally when I wake up I don't go back to bed unless I am super tired.

And yes I feel normal after 10 minutes I wake up, normally I take a shower right after I get up to wake up.

Strange. Have you tried forcing yourself to stay in bed?

Do you have any light sources bothering you? A street light shining in? A fish tank light? Your melatonin levels might be all over the place, causing you to sleep badly or wake up prematurely.

Strange. Have you tried forcing yourself to stay in bed?

Do you have any light sources bothering you? A street light shining in? A fish tank light? Your melatonin levels might be all over the place, causing you to sleep badly or wake up prematurely.
A TV stays on for about 3 hours then it shuts off on it's own.

Okay I'll start with in 7th grade(last year) I had perfect sleep, went to bed at 10:00 and woke up at 6:30 am perfect own my own.

Then in the summer I started sleeping super late and waking up at 5pm it was awkward for my no-existant life, the only time I had my life was on the weekends.
Anyway I continued doing this same routine.

Then 8th grade came(present), It was going fine, I got up early still idk, then sometime after thanksgiving I started going to bed later and waking up later, my mother insisted I went to bed earlier so that I wake up early on my own like previous.  So I did as told and went to bed earlier, and surely I woke up very late, my mother got worried, so March 14 I did a sleep study, it's kind of were they hook you up to a bunch of wires and such and study your sleep.  at the study i went to bed at 10
and woke up at 5am IDK how that happend.

Idk somedays I go to bed early and wake up late and it's all forgeted up, I don't know what's wrong with my body, it might be because I'm worried somedays, sleep experts said that worries can affect your sleep, who knows, I'm just frustrated.
Your body needs to get used to sleeping earlier then you should be ok.

I suggest setting an alarm for when you want to get up. Force yourself to stay in bed if you wake up earlier. You will become tired again and fall asleep.

If you fall asleep again then wake up a few minutes later, your sleep cycle has ended, which could be a key in understanding what is happening to you.