Author Topic: Antares's Exoplanets  (Read 2084 times)

Land is too smooth.

more islands and rough edges
Planet Picturial is a world I have been drawing since 2004. As a child I always drew the land like that. It where three simple continents. I am going to change this topic into "Antares's Exoplanets". My next thing will be Terra, set in a better drawing.

Woah, this is some epic work right there!

Good job.

Here is planet Terra. I moved the continents far much away.

Planet Terra seen from her moon Ailyn.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:47:53 AM by Antares »

Now I know you can't make clouds like that in PDN. What'd you use to make them?

also the grass on the terrain looks a bit too low res, I think it'd scale better if it was a bit sharper.

Now I know you can't make clouds like that in PDN. What'd you use to make them?

also the grass on the terrain looks a bit too low res, I think it'd scale better if it was a bit sharper.
I fixed this. First you select gray and black color. Render the clouds, and make them not too sharp (Effects -> Render -> Clouds). Then you click on the layer where you rendered the cloud -> layer properties -> select mode: screen -> done.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:52:12 AM by Antares »

I fixed this. First you select gray and black color. Render the clouds, and make them not too sharp (Effects -> Render -> Clouds). Then you click on the layer where you rendered the cloud -> layer properties -> select mode: screen -> done.
Oh, there is a automatic cloud generating thing?
'Doy.

Is that moon bigger than the planet itself?

Is that moon bigger than the planet itself?
Perspective I think.
But even still the moon is far too close to the planet

Perspective I think.
But even still the moon is far too close to the planet
The picture is a close-up of the moon, with planet Terra in the distance.

The picture is a close-up of the moon, with planet Terra in the distance.
I know that. Taking that into account, if you're going for any amount of realism, the moon is still far too close or it's really really small.

I know that. Taking that into account, if you're going for any amount of realism, the moon is still far too close or it's really really small.
I wanted to make something like this.

Terra in terrain view and the star Antares.

For people who want to have Terra as icon in their signature.

You might wanna use images to construct the planet texture if you're aiming for realism.

You might wanna use images to construct the planet texture if you're aiming for realism.
This looks more real for me now.

Currently using this in Terra 2.0 forum game.