Author Topic: Hosting Problems- Dead (Has images)  (Read 3650 times)

I know, I know. There are a lot of topics about this, but no of them have helped me thus far. My servers are always dead. What I have done:
  • Forward ports
  • Turn off firewall
  • Put on DMZ mode
  • Turn off Anti-Virus and Spyware
  • Cry in a corner
Here are some pictures to dictate the problem on:

Any help is well appriciated, or however you spell it.

It might be the DNS settings. Try turning the DNS service off, and see if you get any results.

Sorry, but how do you do that?

NVM, after some looking around, turning it off might not be the best idea. Your IPconfig shows that IP Routing is turned off, after looking at this:

http://www.dataconnection.com/iprouting/iprprotocol.htm

It looks like this might be a possible cause of the problem.

Indeed it could be a problem. Although, how to turn it on is a mystery to me.

Sorry for the Double Post.
To make that more clear: How do I turn on IP Routing?

(Sorry for the triple post, but I don't think you can edit posts)
I turned on IP routing and it did not work.
Could someone please help me with this problem?  :nes:

I don't think that your router has an option to specifically enable IP routing, mine doesn't either. How old is your networking hardware? And which version of Windows do you use?

Well, I did turn on IP Routing after all. My router I would say is... around 2-4 years old. Still gives perfect wireless gaming on Xbox Live. For my operating system, it would be XP.

I can't really think of anything else that might help you, sorry.

It's ok. Maybe Badspot may help or something. Thank you for trying!

Bump, I would really like some help please!

Ugh, I guess it's time to give up. Only one person tried to help :(

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm pretty sure your dns server should not be set to your router's ip.  Set it to whatever the dns server is reported as in your router's status page.

Make sure that you are hosting the Blockland server on port 28000.  Click the "Advanced config" button from the start mission dialog.

Ok thank you for the reply. I changed my DNS so it is no longer the same as my router's IP, but still get the same results. These pics may help: