Author Topic: Hosting Problems- Dead (Has images)  (Read 3648 times)

I think that the DNS Server might conflict with the server, I remember seeing something in 00002 once that might support my theory, but I can't remember it.

Ok, this may help too:

Yep, but you usually see that when you have lost connection to the internet (the default gateway is the router's IP).

My suggestion would be:

Visit this URL: http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859837401&packedargs=sku%3D1149562300349&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=3740100349B03&displaypage=download

The above URL has the firmware for your router model, you only need to know the specific revision, which it will guide you through. To install the firmware, you usually have to go to the "Advanced" options and look for firmware, and it will ask you to update it from either a file or from the internet. Upload the file, and allow the router to restart, after installing the new firmware, you will probably lose any custom settings, so be sure to save them if you can.

I'll check back later to see if this helped you at all.

I have the latest frimware (I already checked today)

Oh, sorry.  :cookieMonster:

That gateway error looks awfully suspicious.

Yes it does, but i am not sure what to do about it.

Perhaps a DHCP renew?

Ok, I coudn't get online until I changed my DNs to my default gateway shown in my ipconfig. Renew was not it. hmmmmmm.... what else....

I changed my default gateway also, but it did not show up on the router page, nor did it help me host a server.

Windows seems to recognize the default gateway address, while the gateway itself doesn't, this is getting stranger by the minute. Try reverting the router to it's factory settings, upgrade the firmware again, and change anything that is required to access the internet, but leave out anything unnecessary, like custom DHCP timings, and assigned IP addresses, but make sure to open the ports.

While going nuclear may not be the most efficient of all the solutions, it's probably the most effective over time.

Returned to factory defaults and still getting the zero gateway.Raar.

i see you are useing an ip that ends with 254,does your ip cover that range,ie mine is set to cover 100-200,also try to set ip as 192.168.1.45,that worked for ,me.

.45 did not work. Also, 254 is the DNS my router uses, and if MY ISP did not cover it, I would not be online right now.

Hmmm, try calling your ISP's customer support, and ask them if their service supports the hosting of servers, because they might be able to tweak a few settings for you.