Author Topic: Tribes 2 weapons  (Read 649 times)

How many years has blockland been out now?
All those years.
And.
Not.
One.
Tribes weapon.

Tribes 2 and Blockland run off the same engine.
Please, let us change this.

Players
Each class also has an extra slot for packs - more on that later
Light - can carry about 3 weapons. Weak, but fast with a fair amount of jet energy.
Med - Can carry 4 weapons. Stronger than light, but slower.
Heavy A.K.A RUN OR YOU ARE loving DEAD - can carry 5 weapons, has a stuff TON of health, but is as slow as a CoD player.

Weapons
Spinfusor - Come on, must I explain? I think we all know what this does. Shoots a blue exploding disc.
Plasma gun - It's faster than the spinfusor, but a spot weaker.
Grenade launcher - Shoots fused grenades. If the fuse is up and it's still midair, it explodes on impact instead.
Blaster - A weak backup weapon that pulls from your jet energy. Each shot riccochets, too.
Chaingun - dakka dakka dakka
Phase rifle - A sniper rifle, essentially. Shooting it drains all of your energy, but the more energy you use, the stronger it is. You must have an energy pack with you, and be a light to use it.
Missle launcher - A lockon missle launcher - it can lock onto vehicles, and jetting players.
Fusion mortar - The grenade launcher on steriods. Has a longer fuse.
ELF projector - Drains the enemy jet energy and puts it into yours. I think?

Packs
Energy pack - A passive pack - Gives you a faster energy recharge and a slightly higher energy cap.
Jammer pack - Makes you invisible... To turrets and sensors.
Sheild pack - When active, it diverts most of the damage you just took into your energy. Also has a passive drain.
Repair pack - Heals vehicles and players alike
Cloak pack - Makes you invisible.
Turret - A small, deployable turret.

Vehicles
Shrike - A small, one man fighter
Grav cycle - A two seat bike. (Yes, I know that the T2 version had one seat.)
Beowulf - Two man tank - One to drive and another to use the cannon.
Troop transport - it flies.
Mobile base - When not moving, a turret pops out the back, and you can heal yourself with a station on the back.
Bomber - One to pilot, one to drop bombs. Boom!

Can we still download Tribes 2?

They run off the same BASE engine, but both probably have heavy modifications. I mean, Marble Blast Gold runs off the Torque engine as well, but we can't have Marble Blast Gold in Blockland.

Can we still download Tribes 2?
Yes.
Attemtping to ski in the T2 fashion with the new update will be very interesting.

what about tribes: vengeance

what about tribes: vengeance
Don't ever mention that abomination again.