Author Topic: Where is dedicated.bat located?  (Read 882 times)

I have a windows vista. Where is dedicated.bat located?

i have a Mac so I can't help much, but it should be in the My Documents(or just documents) folder, in the Blockland folder.

There is no dedicated.bat anymore. You have to create a new one, but I don't know what to put in at the moment.

Doesn't matter where you put it, as long as it's correctly linked to the blockland exe with the correct parameters. You should search through the first few pages or use the search feature - there are loads of topics on the same subject.

His problem is he doesnt have one.

You should search through the first few pages or use the search feature - there are loads of topics on the same subject.

1. Go to the desktop, or where you want the icon for it to be.
2. Right click, scroll over new, then click shortcut.
Now put the below into the box according to your operating system. You can change the bedroom map to whatever map you want.
For Windows x64 (64-bit)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -dedicated -map bedroom
For Windows x86 (32-bit)
"C:\Program Files\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -dedicated -map bedroom

1. Go to the desktop, or where you want the icon for it to be.
2. Right click, scroll over new, then click shortcut.
Now put the below into the box according to your operating system. You can change the bedroom map to whatever map you want.
For Windows x64 (64-bit)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -dedicated -map bedroom
For Windows x86 (32-bit)
"C:\Program Files\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -dedicated -map bedroom

I have the same issue as OP, and what you're saying isn't working it can't find the files. Blockland is in documents now not program files.

I have the same issue as OP, and what you're saying isn't working it can't find the files. Blockland is in documents now not program files.

aaa I have no idea what I'm talking about, every time I try doing this it never works don't listen to me.

This is like the billionth time I have posted this but, oh well.

Step 1: Open Notepad
Step 2: Paste this code in.
Code: [Select]
start BlocklandLauncher.exe -dedicated -map slate
pause

Step 3: Save as dedicated.bat in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Blockland (Make sure you change the "Save as type" to all files)
Step 4: Double click on that file.
Step 5: Enjoy.

And Spectrum, the BlocklandLauncher.exe is in Program Files. You can't launch Blockland by just Blockland.exe alone. Make sure this BAT file is in the same folder as your BlocklandLauncher.exe

And Spectrum, the BlocklandLauncher.exe is in Program Files. You can't launch Blockland by just Blockland.exe alone. Make sure this BAT file is in the same folder as your BlocklandLauncher.exe

I can't find a Blockland folder in my Program files.

It's C:\Blockland\

He said he had Vista.

It's C:\Blockland\

He said he had Vista.
Strangely even with Vista it appears in program files for me

Strangely even with Vista it appears in program files for me
I'm not sure what Badspot did to bypass UAC, but I think in Vista you have to move the game there to make it work properly.

I can't find a Blockland folder in my Program files.

As I said, it just needs to be in the same folder as your BlocklandLauncher.exe Just search for the file location.