Author Topic: DMs  (Read 2151 times)

i'm terrible at T/DMs

I host alot of DMs/TDMs/CTF servers, I was just taking a small break form Blockland, I'm hosting a CTF Trench digging server right now, if anyone is interested.

Hosting some random DM, map is more fun with lots of people.

the problem is not the build quality, it's the lack of people who join. How can you complain to the host that the build is unbalanced/bad for gameplay when there was no previous gameplay to determine that?

Sadly, nobody even tries looking at TDM's not hosted by people with already good reputations, such as Heed and Bushido. Even the ones that manage to get on the forum gallery don't do well ingame.

I've hosted plenty a TDM in my time, and the maximum players I have ever reached was with 16-18 people, with the old build Strategic Riverside TDM. The maximum I have ever reached with recent versions was 6, using Treynold's old Warehouse TDM, or a small river build titled "Search and Destroy"

I've hosted plenty a TDM in my time, and the maximum players I have ever reached was with 16-18 people, with the old build Strategic Riverside TDM. The maximum I have ever reached with recent versions was 6, using Treynold's old Warehouse TDM, or a small river build titled "Search and Destroy"
I used to have a tdm open nearly all the time back in v8 which was always full, but afterwards in like version 14+ I never got much people in some random tdm I hosted. That's about the time I lost interest in actually playing the game.

Later on when I finish it, I'm hosting a rooftop sniper deathmatch. Does that sound like it would attract a decent-ish crowd?

Some old project I was working on a few weeks ago but I haven't gotten the will to finish it yet.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=198634.0

I've been richarding around with my friends and making sure it's balanced.

Later on when I finish it, I'm hosting a rooftop sniper deathmatch. Does that sound like it would attract a decent-ish crowd?
Depends
on how good it is

you need to add some new or cool mechanic to get people to want to play, most people don't exert the effort to actually do any of this or they don't have the resources to do so.

The other game modes seem really fun. VIP, Cops and Robbers..  There's never any maps for those, though, and lord knows I can't finish a build. haha

Bounty hunter is fun as hell, with a good map. Loved the one jirue hosted a while ago, but it all comes down to the build for me. No one ever hosts a good build with TDM anymore..

edit: or a good capture point TDM. Those are already different mechanics, but I never see any hosted..

BUT there are only a few ppl on blockland that host good TDM's, and their schedules hardly line up with everyone else's.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:16:19 PM by LoLBert »

Another item of interest; Centhra's dueling with group/gamemode capabilities.

And I never understood why nobody liked all-vs-one DMs.