Author Topic: Do you think Blockland would ever go to console?  (Read 1632 times)

Do you ever think Badspot would make a version for consoles?
I think it would be a nice addition and would help with sales but it would be harder to make with tons of controls

And it would be extremely hard to have a download system. He would just have to make a ton of add-ons default

No, BL needs too high a level of control for console.

He would have to completely remake the game in a different engine

I doubt it, but you never know. There's already a minecraft sort of thing for Xbox. It would be a lot more limited, but I could see BL on a console.

If it was, I would think it would be some kind of thing that only allowed you to play on servers like TDM's and such. There would be a new feature where you would classify your server as something and then the console would only allow you to play on those servers. Would cost like $5

I doubt it, but you never know. There's already a minecraft sort of thing for Xbox. It would be a lot more limited, but I could see BL on a console.

So could I but Minecraft has made itself over 2 mil.

No, blockland has too many keybinds, too many functions for any controller.

blockland could never properly be played with a gamepad.
it would be stuffty and unintuitive building.

No
There is no way to implement building like on computers.

I hope not, I think its fine at its Computer State.

If it was, I would think it would be some kind of thing that only allowed you to play on servers like TDM's and such. There would be a new feature where you would classify your server as something and then the console would only allow you to play on those servers. Would cost like $5
I actually like this idea.

Though I still think the issue would remain that the whole engine would need to be ported, and there would be millions of compatibility issues etc. etc.