Author Topic: Minecraft - MC_NO_WORLD  (Read 27413 times)

\Guys are you working on this?

\Guys are you working on this?

Well, I've been rather busy developing the new version (v2.4.3) of Gang Garrison 2. If everything goes after plan it'll be released today.

Port hasn't sent me latest  version so im waiting on that

Port hasn't sent me latest  version so im waiting on that

what

common sense remember

I understood his post perfectly. He didn't state why he needs it though, thus I requested elaboration. What isn't trivial about that?

SO YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION

FYI, this is infinite.

Can I has script?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:07:44 AM by Måster Blåster »

this thing doesn't like odd quality values

Okay, so for that terrain system, I've done some performance testing.
The current generator is written in native TorqueScript and is between above-average and fast.
I haven't put it through extreme testing, though.

I've tried rewriting the generator in Python and done some heavy performance testing.
It can generate one chunk in around 0.005 to 0.01 seconds. That is extremely fast.
I also tried 4096 chunks at once (1048576 iterations), which it finished in 35.6102984126 seconds.

Based on what I've gotten from these tests, I'm going to make a networked or file-based system where all the calculation is done outside Blockland.

Okay, so for that terrain system, I've done some performance testing.
The current generator is written in native TorqueScript and is between above-average and fast.
I haven't put it through extreme testing, though.

I've tried rewriting the generator in Python and done some heavy performance testing.
It can generate one chunk in around 0.005 to 0.01 seconds. That is extremely fast.
I also tried 4096 chunks at once (1048576 iterations), which it finished in 35.6102984126 seconds.

Based on what I've gotten from these tests, I'm going to make a networked or file-based system where all the calculation is done outside Blockland.
why not trying to connect to a MC server that generates it? then have it generate the chunk when BL needs it, and send it over once?
it seems like it might be easier than rewriting the terrain generation, although then you'd need to modify MC

why not trying to connect to a MC server that generates it? then have it generate the chunk when BL needs it, and send it over once?
it seems like it might be easier than rewriting the terrain generation, although then you'd need to modify MC

The current solution I've found would be faster and more useful than what you mentioned, only lacking in content generated. I'm working on some algorithms, though. The thing is that I don't exactly want to replicate what MC generates anyway.

oh, because i was thinking that it would handle everything for you, lakes/rivers + biomes + trees and things
might be more interesting with an alpha server

but yeah, your way is probably faster, i was just thinking for lazyness with writing it and accuracy
that is some neat terrain you have though, can it make cliffs?