Author Topic: Need help with a very large and convoluted build-CrCIA City  (Read 814 times)

So, yeah. I need help with a rather large, hopefully detailed build. I have the template down and I can imagine how it would look, but I do not have the patience or skill to make something like this. This is where I need help.  I can't make buildings or furniture/small details, but I can make terrain.

So here is what I have so far:

I have the template and the basic terrain down, as well as background skyscrapers. I tried to make the first building in the right of the second picture, but is lacking, well, everything. I can't make this stuff for crap. I am using the Modular Terrain bricks (thinking of using the regular brick texture) for the terrain.

I also have a scaled-down model of what the finished product will hopefully look like:

To those who might find this familiar, here's a video to jog your memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8zMo3uBOYo

Yes. I would like CrCIA City, but I can't do it alone.

So here is the basic idea. It will be a KOTH game with a water source at the end of the bridge. Two teams of bandits will try to get there and secure the water before the enemy team. Not only will you be fighting each other, you will also be fighting the stage as fire traps spring up and hurt you, among other things.

I know I'm asking for a lot, (I could make the stage a bit smaller...)but this is an idea that has been brewing in my head for a very long time now, and it wants to come out. Large and complex builds have been done before, and this one is among them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:06:20 PM by PJ Boy »

I wanted to build my own CrCIA City once, but I didn't think I had the skill at that moment. I even tried to edit ACM city to look like a volcanic apocalypse, but no luck.

Also, where did you get those terrain brick things?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:47:40 AM by Isaac Fox »

I wanted to build my own CrCIA City once, but I didn't think I had the skill at that moment.

Also, where did you get those terrain brick things?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187620.0

For the lava you could use the water print bricks I submitted to RTB (they are currently in the holding tank but I could give you a download link if you like).

For the lava you could use the water print bricks I submitted to RTB (they are currently in the holding tank but I could give you a download link if you like).
I already have the lava set up with the modular terrain bricks. Thanks for offering though.

Right now, I could use some destroyed buildings, preferably skyscrapers with chunks missing from them, much like this picture, but not as gigantic.

It could replace those ugly background buildings.