Author Topic: What's your opinion of certain companies?  (Read 1614 times)

And stop saying VALVe, its stupid.
VALVE

Personally I somewhat dislike EA but they still put out the games that I love seeing (BF3, Simcity, etc.), despite the fact that they're trying to get into the digital marketplace industry with Origin and I just wish they wouldn't.  They are being successful in it slightly, though.

I also dislike the "Games for Windows" portion of Microsoft, specifically.  Really, I think it's absolutely useless out of any digital marketplace software I've ever used.  The only useful time I can honestly think of GFWL is when Age of Empires III Complete Collection was 99 cents or one cent, I can't remember which.  When Dawn of War II: Retribution was released and abandoned GFWL in favor of Steamworks, I was very happy because I didn't have to suffer with GFWL signing in and it's shoddy online backwork.

I am a little upset with AT&T for my cell phone too, because I just got a Samsung Galaxy S2 refurbished for $10.  But the signal quality is lack luster.  I'm not sure if it's my own phone's antenna, but even under a bridge I can lose signal which is rather upsetting personally.  Still happy with the phone and in general the speed of AT&T's network.

Finally, I absolutely detest Ubisoft and their DRM policies.  Their DRM is absolutely atrocious and it's a complete offense to PC gamers.  I'm not buying a single Ubisoft game until they stop using incredibly harsh DRM techniques.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:55:25 PM by Nickelob Ultra »

As far as VALVe goes, I'll say that it belongs more on an average-bad list as there are tons of companies worse than it. Yeah, VALVe has a few good things. VALVe hasn't really given a stuff for its players, which is something I've realized with my experience playing TF2.
>Adds Steam Workshop so new weapons and items that players have made can be added to TF2
>Pretty much all Valve games are mod-able and players are able to add custom maps and weapons and whatnot
>Does not care for players

Seems legit.

Ahaha.
Why?
Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Mario Cart, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, DS, 3DS. Need I say more?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:15:11 PM by GenaralSkar »

Nintendo, even though I'm VERY slowly loosing interest. They'd better get to work on that next Smash Bros.

I am a big fan of Sonic, but I'm not fond of Sega. Sonic is the only thing from Sega that I really like.

I want to like Valve, but my computer's too stuffty to run Steam.

Nintendo, even though I'm VERY slowly loosing interest. They'd better get to work on that next Smash Bros.
They would have to do something really nice and different with the next Smash Bros to  make it worth buying. They have pretty much used up all of the characters and courses, unless they wanted to start doing all that gay anime stuff in which case the game would suck.

They would have to do something really nice and different with the next Smash Bros to  make it worth buying. They have pretty much used up all of the characters and courses, unless they wanted to start doing all that gay anime stuff in which case the game would suck.

Some of the things they announced is that they would be releasing it for both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. While the Wii U version will be where the main game and other main stuff is, the Nintendo 3DS version will be the "creative" version, where you apparently have the ability to create your own characters and stages. Both versions will have connectivity between each other.

Valve because of how great of an idea steam is and how they can give regular discounts on games 3 (I think its 3) times a week. Also bethesda.

Riot. Worked with make-a-wish foundation and gave someone with a disability a day's tour around their office and all of the staff played a game of league of legends with him and all signed his LoL poster. As well as that they always try to communicate with their community and try to improve their game based on what's fun for the players.

I don't understand why anyone still likes Nintendo. They've been making the same three games for the past 20 years and pull stuff like the Wii and you continue to give them billions. EA is also the devil.

I don't really see myself being loyal to any developer as they always inevitably forget up

Riot. Worked with make-a-wish foundation and gave someone with a disability a day's tour around their office and all of the staff played a game of league of legends with him and all signed his LoL poster. As well as that they always try to communicate with their community and try to improve their game based on what's fun for the players.
yep

only one guy.

while the other million still are in the same spot.

yep

only one guy.

while the other million still are in the same spot.
"They only gave one person with a disability a great day! forget them! starfish company!"
forget you.
They didnt have to do anything at all.

"They only gave one person with a disability a great day! forget them! starfish company!"
forget you.
They didnt have to do anything at all.
He didn't quite call them starfishs nor did he even imply they left out many, but he was saying that perhaps there are more that they didn't get to yet.