Blockland v20 + V21

Poll

Realistic lighting or fun?

Realistic lighting + less fun
Moar fun

Author Topic: Blockland v20 + V21  (Read 27015 times)

Exactly. At least the newer players will have never experienced terrain and interiors and won't complain. The people who are complaining have no clue that this is for the better, and are stuck on the fact that this update is just for shadows.

Technically, he only made shadows so he had an excuse for getting rid of interiors and terrain so he could update it faster.

I somewhat highly doubt that.

Technically, he only made shadows so he had an excuse for getting rid of interiors and terrain so he could update it faster.

Technically, he only made shadows so he had an excuse for getting rid of interiors and terrain

I hear Eric had been plotting against Bedroom ever since it broke into his house and stole his laptop.

Seriously though, interiors aren't great in Blockland. They look really outdated, they do nothing for the game. The bed in bedroom doesn't even look like right, who the hell sleeps on what looks like a bolster? Blockland will feel far more polished without them IMO, its clearly been moving away from an indie feel to one thats more commercial.

To this, I replied: I wonder why.

I can't read it, too small and pixelated.

The difference between v9 and v21 is that v9 added actual gameplay features (events and new add-on system) while v21 substitutes gameplay features with cosmetical features. And if it's "to pave the way for better content later", how about he waits with forcing it down everyone's throats until said content appears? If it will ever appear, that is. Which it probably won't. Because he'll be too busy making crap like a day-night cycle, which the BS-fanboys will all call the second coming.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:47:20 PM by DontCare4Free »

paves the way for new content april 2013!!!

I can't read it, too small and pixelated.

Get bigger screen then. I'm viewing on a 28in screen  :cookieMonster:

Get bigger screen then. I'm viewing on a 28in screen  :cookieMonster:
Really?

Do you expect images to magically obtain more pixels because of screen size?

The difference between v9 and v21 is that v9 added actual gameplay features (events and new add-on system) while v21 substitutes gameplay features with cosmetical features. And if it's "to pave the way for better content later", how about he waits with forcing it down everyone's throats until said content appears? If it will ever appear, that is. Which it probably won't. Because he'll be too busy making crap like a day-night cycle, which the BS-fanboys will all call the second coming.

What do interiors and terrains add that bricks can't to gameplay? Hell, bricks can do more than interiors and terrain can.

What do interiors and terrains add that bricks can't to gameplay? Hell, bricks can do more than interiors and terrain can.
ugh not this again.

terrain can be endless and smooth for vehicles for almost no performance cost. do that with bricks please.

interiors are pretty much useless tho besides like being a lego.

What do shadows add to gameplay? Bricks already exist.
And interrains aren't bound to the grid and can have "odd" shapes that aren't first turned into bricks.

Get bigger screen then. I'm viewing on a 28in screen  :cookieMonster:
Here, read this back to me with your magical image enhancing monitor.