Author Topic: .  (Read 40912 times)

In other news:

lolwat

also game today was k, guards still need buffing.

After playing guard the main problem that I noticed that made guards difficult to play is the bullet speed over long distances. When defending your own tower, the sniper rifle is well-balanced, but when trying to snipe people hitting other towers the distance allows them to easily dodge the projectile if they're looking.
The dog dying also makes it extremely hard to defend your own tower while the other guards are busy defending their own.

A semi-solution to most of these problems is having better player awareness. Current chat methods, although well made, can easily drown out team-related commands or discussions, preventing the guards from effectively working with one another. The fact that you pick guards help keep the guard quality good though.

After playing guard the main problem that I noticed that made guards difficult to play is the bullet speed over long distances. When defending your own tower, the sniper rifle is well-balanced, but when trying to snipe people hitting other towers the distance allows them to easily dodge the projectile if they're looking.

The bullet travels at Torque Engine's max velocity, it cannot be increased anymore.

This is why we made it so when your bullet passes through the wood posts it splinters. These splinters shoot out of the exit point and are a fatal one hit kill projectile. You can effectively kill four people under a tower post with one bullet.

The dog dying also makes it extremely hard to

defend your own tower while the other guards are busy defending their own
Prisoners can only rush two towers at one time without spreading themselves too thin. That makes towers parallel completely free to help defend you.

Current chat methods, although well made, can easily drown out team-related commands or discussions, preventing the guards from effectively working with one another.

I personally have not had a problem reading the chat but we will add a command for guards to toggle global discussion.

guards still need buffing.

With the implentation of Mounted Machine Guns, guards for the first time have won more times than Prisoners in a hosting session.

While I agree we need to tweak a few more things to be more in favor of the guards, I don't think it will be much.

You can make the bullet go faster, if you are interested I'll see if I can obtain the script for you.

You can make the bullet go faster, if you are interested I'll see if I can obtain the script for you.
It's pretty much a hack, dunno if Pload wants to have that on his server

It's pretty much a hack, dunno if Pload wants to have that on his server

It does look annoying, but might as well offer.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:52:20 PM by Pload »

Let me see it, PM me with it if you can. Thanks.

I'll get it to you by tomorrow, maybe tonight if I'm lucky.

I had some ideas for both guards and prisoners, strategy- and change- wise.

Guards should have a method of being able to team-defend one or two towers, but leave the other sectors of the prison weakly defended. For example, if tower one is being attacked, tower three's guard cant really do anything and could be more usefully stationed on the wall somewhere closer to tower two or four. However, that leaves his tower and nearby wall escape points with 50% less defense. Movement between the points would have to take a while and he would still die if his tower gets taken down. The only problem with this idea as far as I can tell is logically keying the tower's death with his death. Maybe allowing prisoners up onto the walls...?

Prisoners, with the advent of carts, can push two on both sides of a wall escape point and crouch between them, essentially preventing any bullets from hitting them. Thus they can slowly break down the wall in safety.

Prisoners can only rush two towers at one time without spreading themselves too thin. That makes towers parallel completely free to help defend you.

When I was playing guard one prisoner singlehandedly took down three pillars of my tower because Uxie didn't read my call for help and the dog was occupied by him.

that goes hand in hand with my communications suggestion, so i guess its "fixed" now.

the bullet speed hack is possible but the projectile model won't fly as fast as the actual projectile, and will disappear if the actual projectile hits something.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:50:26 PM by Conan »

Are you saying that the guards control the dog?

Are the golden objects for cosmetic effect or do they provide better protection than the standard versions?

Yes, with the whistle. They call the dog to their tower to defend it.

Are the golden objects for cosmetic effect or do they provide better protection than the standard versions?
No. Just cosmetic.

No. Just cosmetic.
I'm still gunna donate for the extra slot when it's full :D

I think the OP should provide more information than it actually does.

Also, is the cart able to brake and are you able to hide behind it?

They don't control it, but I think they can tall it to their tower with the whistle.

At least I think that's what the whistle does.