Should I buy a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP? (not sure if right section)

Author Topic: Should I buy a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP? (not sure if right section)  (Read 2926 times)

I'd say go for a DS Lite. It is backward compatible with GBA games, the back-light is far superior to SP and of course you have the option of all DS games.
But if you're not interested in that idea, then SP is the better option. It has backward compatibility for the older Gameboy/Color games.

The GBA library in general is great, you just have to find them these days since most stores don't sell them anymore (mostly family-owed business and online stores). It was a worthwhile generation of games.

this console is inferior to the gameboy sp.
Sorry, but I have to agree with this guy. The backlight makes a huge difference.

I was never gotten the SP, and I loved my Gameboy Advance. Back when Nintendo's handhelds were flimsy crap (or more often than not, at least), the hinge wasn't a good design...

I have an original from 2002 or 2003. Get it. It's way more advanced than the GBA, it has a backlight/frontlight.

If it has to be a gameboy of some sort, it MUST be the SP. I still have mine from 2005 and it still works perfectly.

get the SP, compatible with gameboy and gameboy advance, and if you want to play DS and 3DS games, get a 3ds (i think its compatible with normal ds games...)

4 game systems in 2 game systems!

I reccomend using a 3DS + GBASP combo.
With the 3DS you can play both 3DS and DS games.
With the SP you can play GBA, GBC, and GB games.
All five handheld generations and only two devices.
The 3DS also has some great virtural console NES games for DL on the e-Store.
All around this is the best way to go.

Or just get a DS Lite so you can play with an R4.