11 (13.6%)
Charr
20 (24.7%)
Sylvari
9 (11.1%)
Asura
8 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Dragon Festivals, woo  (Read 66650 times)

I wish I would be able to try it, but I won't be able to with my internet

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/30/gw2-account-magic-find-ascended-crafting-and-legendary-weapons-revamp-preview/

New consumables called Essence of Luck (different rarity levels – purple, blue etc) that you will get from salvaging blues, greens, and globs of ectoplasm. You can consume these Essence of Luck to add to your luck bar which will increase your account wide magic find when the bar is full. It will take more Luck to gain a % as you get higher and higher magic find.

All existing players, to make up for the removal of magic find gear, will be rewarded with purple Essence of Luck that will give you 20% Magic Find by default.
Account wide magic find can also be earned through achievements (no details given)

It will take 2 weeks to craft an Ascended weapon. You will need to be at 500 Artificer/Huntsman/Weaponsmith to craft the Ascended weapons.

All legendaries updated to Ascended stats to be BiS (best in slot). Infusion slots are offensive slots only. They won’t have stats right after the patch but you can immediately pick and choose stats. 

Most of the legendaries are updated to have bigger footsteps and flashier effects.

If you wanted to buy a legendary weapon and you haven't yet, Prices for them are probably going to double.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:30:04 AM by tails »

At PAX earlier they announced a few things, They've redone the tequatl boss fight and he'll be getting a update on the 17th. Also some other stuff but go look yourself.

It's super adventure box day! Guys!

Pleaselikethisgame

how long does it take to get to lv 80? i just bought GW2

bump

does anyone want to play with me

lvl 16 charr warrior

Patch is out!

LIVING WORLD
Tequatl Rising

Recruit friends and forge alliances to battle against Tequatl the Sunless in an all new epic encounter!
    Earn new rewards not available elsewhere:
        Exclusive ascended weapon skins
        Mini Tequatl the Sunless
        Rare quality underwater breathers

Jungle Wurm

The event now fails if it’s not completed within 15 minutes.
    Increased the boss’s health.
    Fixed a number of issues that caused the boss’s skills to miss enemies.

The Shatterer

Increased the damage dealt by the mortars set up near the Lowland Burns waypoint.
    Shard Storm now targets enemies instead of predetermined locations.

Claw of Jormag

The event now fails if it’s not completed within 30 minutes.
    Phase 1: Skill locations have been adjusted to eliminate “safe spots.”
    Phase 2: Golems no longer die instantly after encountering an ice pillar.
    Phase 2: Increased the damage dealt to ice pillars by Pact charrzookas.
    Added two gilded strongboxes to the daily reward chest awarded for killing this boss.

Fire Elemental

Standing too close to the elemental now causes players to be set on fire.
    The boss now summons flame vortexes that move around the room and inflict burning and blindness.
    Added two deluxe gear boxes to the daily reward chest awarded for killing this boss.

Frozen Maw

Frost vortexes summoned by this boss now move around the battlefield.

Shadow Behemoth

Portals will now summon veteran or champion minions when multiple players are present.

Inquest Golem Mark II

Increased the damage dealt by electrified platforms.
    Added two deluxe gear boxes to the daily reward chest awarded for killing this boss.

Taidha Covington

The event now fails if it’s not completed within 10 minutes.

Megadestroyer

Players will now receive a daily reward chest for killing this boss.
    This boss now has an updated visual appearance and skills.

Achievements
A rotation of Tequatl and other world bosses has been added to the Daily achievement category.

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
Looking For Group Tool Beta
The new Looking For Group system is just about ready to be added to the game to aid players in finding additional party members for content. We will start rolling out the beta version of this feature over the next several days.

Introducing Bloodlust in the Borderlands:

The lake in the center of the Borderlands maps has been replaced with new ruins of power.

oh man, everyone failed tequatl on the first try (as expected by anet) and there's so much bitching on the forums
pretty sure we'll get it next time he comes up on my server. woo sea of sorrows

I think the time limit should be extended a little, on Jade Quarry we could only get him down to 90% health. Ugh.

Blackgate got world first, using a stuff ton of communication. 130+ people in their teamspeak at once doing the event lol
god forget, i feel bad for low pop servers. everyones trying to guest to blackgate

As for our strat, getting him into phase 2 (75% hp) will take you half of your total time. With around 10-20 seconds left on the mega laser make sure everyone runs to teq (screw the batterys) and get as much dps as you can with the mega laser damage. When you're doing the last 25% just go all out even when off mega laser.

Powerful potions of undead slaying will help greatly, especially when everyone drinks one. I was trying to get people on Jade Quarry to take them lol.

I watched my server spend over an hour planning and making groups to do specific things, And then get him to 80%.

It might take crystal desert a while.