11 (13.6%)
Charr
20 (24.7%)
Sylvari
9 (11.1%)
Asura
8 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Dragon Festivals, woo  (Read 66625 times)

I got drawn into the world and the story so that's the reason i spent so much time with it. <3 gw lore.

I can't get into GW1 either. Just another grinding MMO.

But GW1 has no grinding. Your level doesn't matter.

I can't get into GW1 either. Just another grinding MMO.

The original GW1 takes like maybe 2 days of casual play to be max level in the best armor(all the armor is like the same stats-wise the only difference is harder to obtain armor is cooler looking) and the expansions it's like 3 hours to get max level.

I heard somebody say that "If you're not level 20, You're still in the tutorial" Which i think nicely suits the game.

You can't do pvp unless you grind for skills and runes and stuff.

I hated doing pvp in wow, but what little of it I played in guild wars 2 I really enjoyed.
the world v world v world pvp played pretty much the same as the pve, because of the just large groups of people where as long as you are using your skills you are contributing effectually.

The original GW1 takes like maybe 2 days of casual play to be max level in the best armor(all the armor is like the same stats-wise the only difference is harder to obtain armor is cooler looking) and the expansions it's like 3 hours to get max level.

because every 5 feet the enemy level doubles in the starting areas for the expansions.

You can't do pvp unless you grind for skills and runes and stuff.
Main menu - Create character - PVP character

Main menu - Create character - PVP character

Then grind for skills and runes, like I said.

I hated doing pvp in wow, but what little of it I played in guild wars 2 I really enjoyed.
the world v world v world pvp played pretty much the same as the pve, because of the just large groups of people where as long as you are using your skills you are contributing effectually.

That's called zerging and is a bad strategy. You must cooperate with all the guilds on your server to strategically maneuver across the maps and react to your opponent's movements.

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2

Then grind for skills and runes, like I said.

That's called zerging and is a bad strategy. You must cooperate with all the guilds on your server to strategically maneuver across the maps and react to your opponent's movements.
It's not a strategy, it just happens when you reach the enemy's fort and there is nothing to do but storm the gates and attack stragglers.
There is no other way to play and when we win it really doesn't matter

It's not a strategy, it just happens when you reach the enemy's fort and there is nothing to do but storm the gates and attack stragglers.
There is no other way to play and when we win it really doesn't matter

There are other ways, cutting off supply lines, sneaking a ram attack on walls, attacking walls from a distance w/out attacking the gates. There are many ways. You'll see when you're actually in a guild and an alliance of guilds rather than just an add. And this isn't just theory, it's actually a practiced and better way.

it's hilarious when large groups of people with no siege weapons try to raid stonemist castle. Get a stuff ton of money from the defend the keep events with trebuchets and cannons.

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2

They must really expect everyone thats gonna play their game to have no life setting it to a time and day like that lol. Anyone with a job or school will not be able to make it.