Author Topic: What ever happened to working for admin?  (Read 1645 times)

Really.
Remember the days when you actually had to play a server to get admin on it? Where you had to be there most of the time and/or already be good with the host?
Now wherever I look all I see is "fill out your name which I can already see, ID which i can already see and put the names of some people that will never even read this and ok you have admin!"
Seriously when did this whole "apply for admin" thing even start? People are getting admin on servers they have never touched with a 10 foot pole because the wrote up a little pamphlet.

/discuss what happened to earning things

Really.
Remember the days when you actually had to play a server to get admin on it? Where you had to be there most of the time and/or already be good with the host?
Now wherever I look all I see is "fill out your name which I can already see, ID which i can already see and put the names of some people that will never even read this and ok you have admin!"
Seriously when did this whole "apply for admin" thing even start? People are getting admin on servers they have never touched with a 10 foot pole because the wrote up a little pamphlet.

/discuss what happened to earning things

Times have changed, sigh.

all admin app servers are bad

I still earn admin on servers by playing on them :(

I only make people admin when I actually need one and only when I have seen them play for a while and know they are mature.

I only give admin to people I trust. If I think they're cool, and they haven't broken any rules, I'll give them admin. Asking about it plays a huge part in this, also: if you ask for admin I'm way less likely to actually give it to you.

I only give admin to people I trust. If I think they're cool, and they haven't broken any rules, I'll give them admin. Asking about it plays a huge part in this, also: if you ask for admin I'm way less likely to actually give it to you.
gimmie dat admin BICH~

I've never applied for admin as far as I can remember.
And if I did it was most likely to a friend I already knew online.
And if it wasn't please don't kill me I have a wife and kids.

I don't give away admin for free either. People I see over the course of months that I well respect, then sure.

What's the point of admin anyways? Admin powers are used to regulate the server with kicks/bans, and the teleport tool...? Most people just teleport to cheat with minigames because they're too lazy to build and use it then. im going so off topic aaaa

We shoot down 95% of applications on the boss battles server without even needing to double check the references. People say something stupid or fail to say something intelligent. Sometimes the applications are poorly written, other times we just don't like the person in question. It's mostly to get a feel for their ability and willingness to contribute to the server.

and I still give admin the same way.

It's best just to do what's right and play by the rules. Then maybe someday you will start gaining favor with them.

We shoot down 95% of applications on the boss battles server without even needing to double check the references. People say something stupid or fail to say something intelligent. Sometimes the applications are poorly written, other times we just don't like the person in question. It's mostly to get a feel for their ability and willingness to contribute to the server.

I hate it when amateurs apply for admin.

I don't give away admin for free either. People I see over the course of months that I well respect, then sure.

What's the point of admin anyways? Admin powers are used to regulate the server with kicks/bans, and the teleport tool...? Most people just teleport to cheat with minigames because they're too lazy to build and use it then. im going so off topic aaaa
you are me.

I used to not give ANYONE admin unless they waited for like 3 months and came back repeatedly, but everyone's telling me to learn to trust people more so I'm trying out giving admin to people the first day they come.

you are me.

I used to not give ANYONE admin unless they waited for like 3 months and came back repeatedly, but everyone's telling me to learn to trust people more so I'm trying out giving admin to people the first day they come.
dont' try to give it out to them on the first day; rather, if you learn their personality that fast, then you should make a decision then instead of wait 3 months. It's really not about the time anymore, its about the character behind the person.