3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 481568 times)

Not sure, it would be nice if we could keep the option to look at our player.

I think it could possibly make things really intense, have you constantly on your toes.

When you go into third person, you get a pretty big perspective around your character. This could also be used to stop meta-gaming, like people peering around corners.

I think it could possibly make things really intense, have you constantly on your toes.

When you go into third person, you get a pretty big perspective around your character. This could also be used to stop meta-gaming, like people peering around corners.
Hmm, yes, you do have a point. It could make the server more of a thriller for when a zombie is following you behind your back. xD

Guess I'll see how the poll goes...

I'm adding some things to the playertype right now like some custom sounds, so yeah...

Also, I'm interested in hearing your reasons as to why/why not

i still don't know what and where Gammatown is yet :c

You'll stumble across it eventually.

Also, to those of you who are voting no, give me an actual reason as to why not otherwise I'll probably just make it first-person anyway.

I honestly am against footsteps. Sure, it'd add to depth but keep in mind that any larger group will make tremendous noise that way. Also, some chars run around barefooded, they'd need expections, which will rsult in more work.

While I see that it'd be a good addition on it's own, anything with more than actually one player will be noisy, since the sounds sill be off.

Edit: About the player being able to be only first person, would be kinda silly but also kinda good.I think the solution is not destruction but adapting the player. Try to make the POV of third person view smaller, maybe?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:18:53 AM by Snick0rz »

I don't have the scripting knowledge to implement footsteps, anyway.

My thoughts are basically what snick0rz said.

I don't have the scripting knowledge to implement footsteps, anyway.

I could have a look at your server in a week and perhaps give you Script_Footsteps if I thought it would fit well.

Sure, it'd add to depth but keep in mind that any larger group will make tremendous noise that way.

volume

5 people walk by each other. Due to how the events work, the steps will be delayed. Still more noisy than good.

5 people walk by each other. Due to how the events work, the steps will be delayed.

huh

Still more noisy than good.

volume

5 people walk by each other. Due to how the events work, the steps will be delayed. Still more noisy than good.

I think it's an event? Can't recall :s

I could have a look at your server in a week and perhaps give you Script_Footsteps if I thought it would fit well.

Yeah, before I decide anything like that I'd have to see it in the server first... I wouldn't mind a chance to see it in operation.

Also, I'm interested in hearing your reasons as to why/why not
Yes because it's more realistic, but no because then we can't use Z and shake our heads when something bad happens. Maybe you could implement it in first person.