3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 481118 times)

I don't remember if I ever played on the older versions of this, I'll drop by the next time its up if I can.

Speaking of the older version, do you plan to ever reboot the Airborne Beta?

Kniaz, what time zone are you in?

+9.30 GMT

Speaking of the older version, do you plan to ever reboot the Airborne Beta?

Airborne? Wow- I remember that... Maybe, I'm not sure. I lost the save a long, long time ago. I've completely forgotten about it since then, I might work on it as a side project... Until then, teaser:

;)

Also, good news! I'll be able to host today!
To celebrate,
I have made a new banner for the topic (:

Hope to see you soon!

Change of plan, something came up.
Sorry lads :c

To make it up to you, I'll work extra hard on that 'new area'.
When I get more work done, I'll put up a poll about how to get to it.

Until then, what would you like to see in the Bluzone?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:35:02 PM by Kniaz »

food/hunting mechanics

But how it be employed? I don't want the player to /die/ when they run out of food.
I've tried trading and currency mechanics before, but it didn't work and I've experimented with food as well, but it just turned into a job after a while.
Like, you'd be in the middle of an event and completely forget about hunger then suddenly you get alerts telling you to eat. It just felt tedious.

But how it be employed? I don't want the player to /die/ when they run out of food.
I've tried trading and currency mechanics before, but it didn't work and I've experimented with food as well, but it just turned into a job after a while.
Like, you'd be in the middle of an event and completely forget about hunger then suddenly you get alerts telling you to eat. It just felt tedious.
not death, maybe you would move slower depending on hunger level, if there's melee combat perhaps you would be pulling your punches slower

If CityRPG has taught anybody anything, its that mechanisms like that destroy the RP.

I do my best to avoid melee combat, or spawning with weapons  to stop people going on rampages.

I tried both methods, having the player inhibited and having the player starve to death.

Death had the pretty obvious fault of, well, death.
Being inhibited due to hunger worked a bit better, but was still just as tedious. There are a few areas that require some movement to climb over obstacles, like the Wild Territory. Players would get stuck and left for dead when they grew hungry. It just always seemed to happen at the most inconvenient times.

Thank you for the suggestion however, I'll look into it again and see if I can find a good way to make it work. I was going to introduce energy drinks or coffee so the player's stamina bar wouldn't drop as fast or stay max for a little while. I guess food items could just give it a boost, but in hindsight it just seems like an irritating mechanic. I've simply never seen it employed well...

If CityRPG has taught anybody anything, its that mechanisms like that destroy the RP.

Wiped the pretty pictures post and added some pictures that are more current.
If you have some nice snappies from the roleplay, upload them and I'll add it to the post~

You can artificially do
not death, maybe you would move slower depending on hunger level, if there's melee combat perhaps you would be pulling your punches slower
that
and in fact, when Ceist got shot by icy last time, that's what he did.
I'm confused, is the server going up today or not..?

Is the server coming up today?

Is the server coming up today?
He said he couldn't.

Which sucks because I'm at places Saturday and Sunday, and Monday-Friday is all school days = no PC. So assuming the server is even up next Saturday, I won't be able to even attempt to get on for another 8 days.
forget.

Make it so when you get hungry your view turns all swirly and spinny and your fov is weirded out and your screen flashes. It wouldn't make everything completely unplayable, but it would make players want to stay well fed so they don't have to worry about it.