3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 482316 times)

Just thought I'd clarify a few things...

Considering its flesh is already rotting off and it's in constant pain... A good idea (this is pretty much what I meant, I just thought it out backwards)

In Bluzone canon, zombies are very much like George A. Romero's and Max Brook's zombie, the only difference is they move much faster, instead of a slow limp.
Zombies can't feel pain. They have, literally, no physical sensation. After re-animation, all nerve receptors throughout the body remain dead. This means they don't know fatigue, as well. While we as humans can only run for a limited time before being worn out, a zombie can carry on forever until its muscles quite simply completely waste off. A zombie also doesn't heal. Unlike us humans, any cell that is damage, stays damaged.
Zombies can besiege a house, for example, for as long as their bodies hold out. This could last up to decades. Zombies don't need to sleep, and they won't feel the pain of constantly banging on the houses's windows and doors.

Also, in regards to instant-kill weapons; this is a very silly idea. While realistic can be more fun, this does not mean it will be. Blockland was never, ever, ever designed to be realistic. If you want realistic go play something like ARMA. Blockland is a building game. While I can implement realistic attributes, it just wouldn't work well in the engine.

This also applies to:
forced gathering of food. 

Personally, I hate forced roleplay. Forced roleplay is where you implement mechanics to a roleplay that force the player to do something. Games such as STALKER and Fallout however pull this off well, because the game's engine is designed for these sort of things and the availability of the resources is pretty high and they're more of a RPG than a RP. However, I hate CityRPs and the likes. The only implementation of food in a roleplay that I've ever seen is Wallet's Economy RP, and that wasn't anything like the Bluzone in any respect.

AI dogs would be really cool.

You know, this current build of the Bluzone used to have dogs as well. I can't remember exactly why I removed them. If you get a tool and look around the Wild Territory, you'll notice spawns that are coloured different shades of brown, much the same in the sewers. I could re-implement this.

I think we should have flares that go out after a certain time, and can be used to mark an area to signify that somebody is injured and so forth.

I really like this idea, using flares as a lighting source and to make markers.
If someone knows of an add-on, or would like to make one, please go on and tell me and I'll test it out and maybe put it in the server.

Also, congats on Dr. Kirby earning admin!

Thanks Kniaz!
I had a picture of Abram's surgery, but the DOF forgeted up, so I'll recap without it.

Abram Terger, after being shot in the stomach, is operated on by Christine. Despite her little medical training, her task is simple, retrieve the bullet. Barney "Loopy" Jackson attempts to put Abram out of his misery, but he has his hand severed by Abram. He passes out and Alek "Cyvil" Fisher drags him out to Canyon Pass. He returns at dawn with bullet holes scattered on his body by a friendly stranger, who makes sure he is safe.

Lugnut, any progress on IfGasMask?

CONGRATULATIONS DR. KIRBY!! :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:15:53 AM by Electrk »

Lugnut, any progress on IfGasMask?
ummmmm
no...

i should go test some things...

what i stumbled across in the sewers,

kaph and nikki shagging.

that looks stupid as stuff.

also, took them long enough.

*shortly after, i was banned for 1 min 'THIS IS love'

looks like i'll have to abandon my hobby...

Perv RP

Gonna open dev server

The dam seems to lack color.

Dams aren't known for being too colourful...

Also, stupid internet ><
Can't be bothered putting the server back up.

Thanks to IkeTheGeneric for helping me with the grass

EDIT:

This is also still very WIP haha
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:18:32 AM by Kniaz »