Have I come up with an idea angainst build saving

Author Topic: Have I come up with an idea angainst build saving  (Read 1446 times)

I am sick of people saving peoples builds.
It's like in Minecraft, the griefer.

I have an idea, a quick idea.
By making a mod called Server_SavePassword

Basically it changes the server so that when someone clicks on Save Bricks you will have to know the server password to save them.

Could someone make it?

Build saving is client-sided.

An idea would be to make an add-on that randomly screws up your brick datablock names just once, that way whoever saves bricks won't be able to load them, he'll get 0/bricks, because the datablocks are not the same.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:32:22 AM by LeetZero »

Build saving is client-sided.

An idea would be to make an add-on that randomly screws up your brick datablock names just once, that way whoever saves bricks won't be able to load them, he'll get 0/bricks, because the datablocks are not the same.
That's a smart idea, just make it so only Host can save, and everyone else gets a corrupted save when they try.

Or an add on that simply disables the "Save bricks", like make it non clickable...but since its client sided the host of a server can't control that.

Or an add on that simply disables the "Save bricks", like make it non clickable...but since its client sided the host of a server can't control that.

Badspot should change that, that there should be an option to change who can save it, etc: Player, Admin, SA, or Host.

Blockland COULD make Saving bricks ask for a password whenever you are connected....but then I think there would be less free builds or community builds and fortwars because people wouldn't be able to save what they made.

this is already possible
it's called putting a password on the server

Badspot openly admitted that if a mod that disables saving bricks is made, he would remove it.

However, I think this is still a good idea and should be done.

Badspot openly admitted that if a mod that disables saving bricks is made, he would remove it.

However, I think this is still a good idea and should be done.
when i made this it got flamed why isnt this one?(not saying we should bt why)
any way
/support, i hate stealers

Edit:
Blockland COULD make Saving bricks ask for a password whenever you are connected....but then I think there would be less free builds or community builds and fortwars because people wouldn't be able to save what they made.
i just realised this may be why badspot sayed no
my way around this is so it only saves your bricks and people you trust that way if you trust some one they can steal it
the reson why i say and people you trust is cause some times 2 people work on the same build.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:26:20 PM by Tic-toc26 »

Read this topic
or read the direct quote from the topic, and if you don't believe the quote, click on the link above and read it from the source for yourself

From badspot-
Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes.

I could write a client mod easily that can solve the "renamed datablocks" puzzle

Seriously, stop being idiots and contributing to these threads with ideas on how to stop saving
You send that client all the brick information when they spawn in your server.  THAT is when they have the info, not when they save, which just takes the info and writes it to file.  You want to stop them from saving your bricks?  Host a passworded server for forgetssake.

edit:
Badspot needs to make a sticky thread that explains how handicapped this idea is and why people shouldn't be build whores and sensitive about people saving their stuff.  Saving bricks from other servers is a great feature and it really makes me sick to see people paranoid about build stealing when the entire concept of a build being "stolen" is itself completely stupid.  Someone hosting a build made by someone else is perfectly fine, not "stealing."  People should be required to post save downloads in gallery topics if they think their build is good enough to show off.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:50:54 PM by Nexus »

I could write a client mod easily that can solve the "renamed datablocks" puzzle

Seriously, stop being idiots and contributing to these threads with ideas on how to stop saving
You send that client all the brick information when they spawn in your server.  THAT is when they have the info, not when they save, which just takes the info and writes it to file.  You want to stop them from saving your bricks?  Host a passworded server for forgetssake.

edit:
Badspot needs to make a sticky thread that explains how handicapped this idea is and why people shouldn't be build whores and sensitive about people saving their stuff.  Saving bricks from other servers is a great feature and it really makes me sick to see people paranoid about build stealing when the entire concept of a build being "stolen" is itself completely stupid.  Someone hosting a build made by someone else is perfectly fine, not "stealing."  People should be required to post save downloads in gallery topics if they think their build is good enough to show off.

"publish your stuff before you host it"