I'm trying to learn C++.

Author Topic: I'm trying to learn C++.  (Read 409 times)

Recently, I've taken up an interest of creating a game. So, I downloaded Visual C++ 2010 Express. I was hoping that someone could help me with this.

Please, just post or message me if you can tell me how to get started/make a simple 3D game.

I think Unity works with C++, you should start there. Chances are you can find YouTube tutorials, but I just did some looking around and a lot of them use C# so maybe you could try that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:28:50 PM by Proog »

Torque3D also uses C++, but it's not free.

Most Torque software is also a giant heap of smoldering garbage

Yeah.
I think Unity works with C++, you should start there. Chances are you can find YouTube tutorials, but I just did some looking around and a lot of them use C# so maybe you could try that.
But for now, don't I need to try focusing on learning C++ first? I'm going to use Unity, but I'll need C++ experience, first, right?

Please, just post or message me if you can tell me how to get started/make a simple 3D game.
You cant just jump into a new language and then start working with 3D stuff.

I suggest you learn and familiarize yourself with C++ before you start working with 3D graphics.

the first thing you need to do is program the game
after that, post here again for more help

make something more basic first. learn the language before you start trying to do something difficult with it