Author Topic: Meeting House/Roman Parthenon (WIP)  (Read 1143 times)

Hey everyone

During the past month or two I've been working on a build for my clan
Athenian Revolution.

It's still a WIP but I want to see what people think.

I will be giving credit to everyone who helps on the final topic on this build.

Under each pic I will give a short little sentence or two about it.
(Sorry for the bad quality)

From a Distance
Basic from a distance shot

Close up

The Emblem needs work but we are getting there.

Inside

Don't mind the colored bricks, that's just for measuring for the roof.

Close up on the outside wall

Shout-out
Thanks to Badger for letting us use his fountain which will be used.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment below.

I will be adding credit to those who help on the final topic.

Feel free to rate 1/10 but with advice if a low score (Not just "It sucks.")

Looks pretty nice, hope your work goes good.

Your entrance is nice, however I feel the rest of the build and walls are architecturally inaccurate and bland. Maybe do something with them?

5/10

Looks nice but I have a number of criticisms.

The column base is much too tall for a Greek or even Roman pillar. Usually the height of said base is about one-half the diameter of the pillar itself. The columns themselves appear to be of the ionic order, and so should have a double-scroll motif for the capital (the top part of the pillar)

Your building is completely missing the frieze and cross beams, characteristic of Greek buildings. The frieze served to decorate the essential cross beams which made the heavy, unwieldy roof able to stay there. If you are going for roman, however, there won't be a cross beam; but the frieze should still be there.

The roof itself is rather nice, however you're missing the roof edge decorations; including the gutter and the decorative spouts.

If you give the exact age (Greek or roman) and the type of building (temple, round temple, etc) I will follow this post up with a more detailed criticisms. As a Pantheon (note: not Parthenon; thats a Greek temple) recreation this is bad.

Note that all of the previously mentioned stuff is to make your build more legit to the period.

Your entrance is nice, however I feel the rest of the build and walls are architecturally inaccurate and bland. Maybe do something with them?

5/10

Thanks for the advice

Still the build is WIP but I see what you mean.

What do you think is the blandist? If it's the walls perhaps I can put a design into it.

Looks nice but I have a number of criticisms.

The column base is much too tall for a Greek or even Roman pillar. Usually the height of said base is about one-half the diameter of the pillar itself. The columns themselves appear to be of the ionic order, and so should have a double-scroll motif for the capital (the top part of the pillar)

Your building is completely missing the frieze and cross beams, characteristic of Greek buildings. The frieze served to decorate the essential cross beams which made the heavy, unwieldy roof able to stay there. If you are going for roman, however, there won't be a cross beam; but the frieze should still be there.

The roof itself is rather nice, however you're missing the roof edge decorations; including the gutter and the decorative spouts.

If you give the exact age (Greek or roman) and the type of building (temple, round temple, etc) I will follow this post up with a more detailed criticisms. As a Pantheon (note: not Parthenon; thats a Greek temple) recreation this is bad.

Note that all of the previously mentioned stuff is to make your build more legit to the period.

I see.

Again this is supposed to have a touch of Roman and Greek but I see. 

The frieze though I am heavily considering now.

The gutters is also a Yes, I will add them.

Cross-beams are optional.

don't use those rounded pillars
i know whoever made it had good ideals however it has messed up shadows and gives an overall lower quality feel
you're better off making it with normal wall bricks

The front looks great, but the rest of it is completely inaccuruate. Parthenons had pillars going all the way around. Also, your pillar column bases an tops are a bit strange.

Looks nice for now though.