Poll

Rate?

5/5 - Fantastic Color Use, and Generally Amazing build over all.
4 (30.8%)
4/5 - Very nice build.
6 (46.2%)
3/5 - Good build, but could use some work.
2 (15.4%)
2/5 - I don't really like it
0 (0%)
1/5 - bad.
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Pass's Neighborhood TDM  (Read 4264 times)

Pass's Neighborhood TDM
Family Feuds, to the extreme.
Map is 65% finished.

Plot
The Robinsons, Thompsons, Johnsons, and the Sullivans have been bickering and fighting at each other all the time. They finally snapped and decided to use physical force to get their points across about neighborhood watch. Each family is suiting up using common household items to attack eachother. Whichever family you are; your duty is to protect and fight with your relatives. There will be 4 houses. Currently only 2 and a half is done.

Want to help?
You can help by applying for any of the 3 jobs below. You can apply for more than one. The categories are Builders, Admins, or Add-On Maker. Once you post your application, add me, Pass, BLID 2976, on RTB so you can get your response. Do not lie with people who recommend you, because I will contact them to confirm. You can apply for any job using the corresponding application forms.

Builder Form - Accepting 1 more
In-Game Name:
BL_ID:
Examples of your work:
People who recommend you as a builder:

(Builders will get rewards once the build is complete, depending how much work they did)

Admin Form - Accepting 2 more
In-Game Name:
BL_ID:
People who recommend you as an admin[You only need 3 to accept, but the more, the higher chance you have getting in]:

Add-On Maker Form - Accepted 2 more
In-Game Name:
BL_ID:
Examples of your work(Forum Topic or Pictures)

The Team
Builders
Pass - BL_ID 2976 - Light blue house, Green/tan/red/Italian looking house, roads, and landscaping.
Ethan Taylor - BL_ID 12175 - Light green house.

Admins
(H)Pass - BL_ID 2976
(A)Gizmo - BL_ID 12815

Add-On Makers
RedGajin - BL_ID 5973

Here and there helpers
Kalphiter - BL_ID 6643 - Electric Lines

Pictures

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:25:11 PM by Pass »

Looks good, I like the idea.

Though, this keeps getting on my nerves.
Pass' implies that there are multiple "Pass" that own the server. Pass's may sound strange but is actually grammatically correct.

Though, this keeps getting on my nerves.
Sorry, I was basing it off of the idea of names, such as Curtis' or something along the lines of that.

So are there like objectives or is it just "kill the other 3 teams". And the houses look like  they will be pretty close together. I say there should be a lot of houses, but the 4 main ones should have the most detail. Just make all the others really simple with little to no furniture.

Also, what weaponry are you planning on using, and how are you planning on giving out theses weapons? Are there classes, point systems, or do you just spawn with weapons? And why do you need an add-on maker, what do you need them to do? Is it an easy project or something more complicated?

What do you need the builders to do? Just build the other 3 houses, or are you planning on making a whole town like I said above? How skilled do they need to be?

Just questions that weren't answered for me in the op.

-snip-
I like the idea of multiple houses, and I may do that.

Basically, the objective is to just kill eachother, and there will be rounds that shuffle teams so you can get a taste of all the weapons. Spawnkilling will not be a problem, because the spawn for each family will be in the master bedroom of the house, which the door will only be permitted to that team.

And basically, I just need household items made that can be used as items, such as frying pans, or plungers, which I know those two are already made. Thinks also like pots and kitchen utensils. The items would just be laying out in areas you would normally find them, like plungers in the bathroom Possibly crowbars in a garage and a hammer that only damages in a workshop or such. Saws in a shed and so on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:51:20 PM by Pass »

Sorry, I was basing it off of the idea of names, such as Curtis' or something along the lines of that.
It's actually debatable which is correct in many situations. Sometimes it's appropriate to just go with what looks or sounds right. I'd say 's looks more appropriate with the double s at the end of your name. Alternately you can change your name.

It's actually debatable which is correct in many situations. Sometimes it's appropriate to just go with what looks or sounds right. I'd say 's looks more appropriate with the double s at the end of your name. Alternately you can change your name.
It honestly doesn't matter, I will just use the double S.

By the way, Builders must have the potential to finish this and have equal or better skills than the build shown.

And basically, I just need household items made that can be used as items, such as frying pans, or plungers, which I know those two are already made. Thinks also like pots and kitchen utensils. The items would just be laying out in areas you would normally find them, like plungers in the bathroom Possibly crowbars in a garage and a hammer that only damages in a workshop or such. Saws in a shed and so on.
You should someone integrate ranged weapons into the game also, things like nailguns and slingshots. Or, even better, you could have items laying around, wood, metal, screws, etc, and have a workshop in each house that allowed you to make weapons. They wouldn't be op or anything, just like an upgraded pan or a baseball bat with spikes on it.

Kitchen knife = Throwing tossing knife

Because throwing knives is dangerous.

You should someone integrate ranged weapons into the game also, things like nailguns and slingshots. Or, even better, you could have items laying around, wood, metal, screws, etc, and have a workshop in each house that allowed you to make weapons. They wouldn't be op or anything, just like an upgraded pan or a baseball bat with spikes on it.
Nailboards that you can rip out of the ground is a possibility.
As for ranged weaons; Rubber Bands or slingshots are a yes.

Come on people, start applying for stuff. I can't do this all alone. I don't even know how to make add-ons.

I guess if you can find someone to model the stuff, I can script them as it just seems like its mostly weapons and the such.

In-Game Name: RedGaijin
BL_ID: 5973
Examples of your work(Forum Topic or Pictures): Well I made this lantern a while back, I guess that could count http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=165171.0

House defenses might also be cool, like you can buy a gaurd dog, a rat trap or a tumble-effect clothesline.

In-Game Name: RedGaijin
BL_ID: 5973
Examples of your work(Forum Topic or Pictures): Well I made this lantern a while back, I guess that could count http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=165171.0
Accepted. Add me on RTB so I can plan things with you.