Author Topic: Anyone here good at recognizing and naming logical fallacies?  (Read 761 times)

That stupid bigot Christian is emailing me again, and reading his enormous rants is frustrating. I need someone who is good at debate to at least give me pointers and what is wrong with his argument, aside from using unchangeable scripture as absolutely correct science.

He's probably some kind of tardis so wouldn't it be better just to not reply?

He's probably some kind of tardis so wouldn't it be better just to not reply?
No, we want to make him suffer.

I have to go temporarily, as soon as I get back to internet access I'll give some key sections of his rant to look at.

Send me his e-mail and I'll send him some better arguments to give you.

Unless he actually is a bigot in which case I'll talk to him.

Post the entire email.  Or just actually be mature and say "Despite holding my own beliefs, I respect your own beliefs and opinions as your own.  I do not wish to engage in any kind of argument as we both believe our own ideas."

Let stupid people grovel in their stupid ideas.  If your own ideas are great, you'll be the one ahead.

There are many people who would love to look at it.
Just post it and forget about it.

Say, "A Christan shouldn't harass people. Please stop."

I need to see it. I'm in that mood. :D

It's hard to give advice on what's wrong with an argument when you aren't saying what his argument is.
Op is a logical fallacy  :cookieMonster:

Besides, most so called Christians I know really don't have good arguments. They believe something and close their mind to new information unless it supports their ideas. There are a handful that have good arguments, but they're so surrounded by others with horrible arguments that they never get heard. But I guess that's how it goes with most beliefs. :/

It's hard to give advice on what's wrong with an argument when you aren't saying what his argument is.
Op is a logical fallacy  :cookieMonster:

Besides, most so called Christians I know really don't have good arguments. They believe something and close their mind to new information unless it supports their ideas. There are a handful that have good arguments, but they're so surrounded by others with horrible arguments that they never get heard. But I guess that's how it goes with most beliefs. :/

A few I've met have actually looked into their faith and actually can sustain an argument. Sometimes they knock me on my ass.

Also, post the whole email.

I'm the local expert.

I'm the local expert.
Hold on, let me call my buddy who's an expert on experts.

Imo destroyer would be your man for this