Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 110532 times)

Don't worry, he's wrong anyways. Go to Stary Sobor and if you survive go to the NW Airfield that isn't far from it. You'll come out with some kind of badass gun.

LOL
Stary Sobor and Airfield = way worse than elektro or Cherno.

Deer stands arent reliable for some reason. they have A: Tin cans or that stupid RPG.
You should kept that M136 and traded it on the DayZ forums, you could've gotten two guns of your choice lol

haha, trading
it's like you're giving them your weapons instead of letting them hunt you down

LOL
Stary Sobor and Airfield = way worse than elektro or Cherno.

Not a single bit worse. If you play on a populated server, both of those cities have tons of snipers and starfishs like myself running around with amazing gear on top of all of the coast trash that just want to DM.

I've played on servers with 40 players on where I don't encounter a single person at Stary or the Airfield. And if you're cautious, you're a lot less likely to die. You just have to not be hasty and sneak around.

Anyone want some guns? I have almost every gun hoarded in game.

Not a single bit worse. If you play on a populated server, both of those cities have tons of snipers and starfishs like myself running around with amazing gear on top of all of the coast trash that just want to DM.

I've played on servers with 40 players on where I don't encounter a single person at Stary or the Airfield. And if you're cautious, you're a lot less likely to die. You just have to not be hasty and sneak around.

Same goes with Elektro and Cherno. Ive found about 3 snipers on the hill north of Stary camping there all n one server. Don't gt me started on the Airfield. You stop running, youre dead. An d it's even worse because at the Airfield you spend that much time getting there, and you find probably sme good gear, and die. At least down south you're most likely going to be a fresh spawn when you die.

The only true safe place is way up north-east
you have the huge city and airfield that nobody ever goes to

I found a crashed helicopter site that was unmarked on the DayZDB which is kinda cool. It was one that couldnt be repaired though. Had to choose between the M14, FN FAL, and a PP-19. Decided on the FN-FAL and managed to get the m14 in my backpack. What should I do now?

I found a crashed helicopter site that was unmarked on the DayZDB which is kinda cool. It was one that couldnt be repaired though. Had to choose between the M14, FN FAL, and a PP-19. Decided on the FN-FAL and managed to get the m14 in my backpack. What should I do now?

Go kill people, find a vehicle, find more weapons.
And also crashed heli sites are weapon sites, they are random, and are unrepairable. Only vehicles that are repairable re ones that you can actually enter.

Go kill people, find a vehicle, find more weapons.
And also crashed heli sites are weapon sites, they are random, and are unrepairable. Only vehicles that are repairable re ones that you can actually enter.

Oooh okay. How are you even supposed to find vehicles though?
It's like every server has them all horded somewhere off the map.

btw, im open to people joining me. so far I've been playing solo

There's going to be a complete version of Day Z in a stand-alone game that'll be released in a while.
This seemed like the best place to put it: http://www.thewarz.com/index.html

There's going to be a complete version of Day Z in a stand-alone game that'll be released in a while.
This seemed like the best place to put it: http://www.thewarz.com/index.html

1. Everyone knows that
2. WarZ is completely different from DayZ LOL

Deer Stands are iffy with me. I find AK74s and AKMs which are nice, then another time I found a DMR.

But then there are the times when I find bullstuff like sodas and heatpacks.
Same. but for me its tin cans and RPG. i did find a toolbox in a little building NEXT to deer stand once.

loving hell yes.

my friend andrew and i went to a server, and i traveled from stary and met him above the elektro power plant in the hills. since i have a cz, i was able to snipe from there. my friend, who i had just given camo to, decided to go to the fire station. i watch him go down, then he panics, telling me he heard suppressed shots. i move down a bit further, and he tells me he killed a guy with an m4a1 cco sd and a coyote backpack. he goes up in the tower and tells me he hears more gunshots, so i see a guy shooting outside the fire station at zombies. he runs inside, and goes up the stairs...right into my cz 550 bullet. andrew goes down the stairs and finishes him off with a burst from his weapon, netting ME a kill (i guess he died from blood loss from my bullet). then we gather another coyote backpack and get away.
these two guys were in the same clan apparently ( [13_L] or something like that) and the same guy that we first shot came back with NVGS AND AN M4A1 CCO SD! i snipe him twice, he dies, then andrew goes to loot him, gathering another nvg for me, and another m4a1 cco sd.
before he got back to the fire station, however, we see one of his clanmembers try to join, and it said he was permanently globally banned. hackers i guess.
our friend comes back on top of the fire station, and gets shot by me. this time he had a winchester, and we decided to leave him be, bleeding out and unconscious.

so if you see any clan named [13_L], or any player in that clan named phillepe (i thinks), beware of hackers.

UPDATE: joined another server, my friend and i see some guy with an m16 on a hill, he decides to go get him when suddenly...
SEAWEED MAN AND FRIEND WITH .50 CALS!
andrew shoots guy without ghillie, ghillie guy shoots andrew, i shoot ghillie guy, and get an as50. they both had as50s with 4 mags.
i then got shot at and ran, then dc'd like...3 minutes later.

UPDATE: friend got me killed. runs out into open field, get shot in the back when i decide to follow. i get shot in the ground, then die.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:29:37 PM by johnnyboy »

guys.
stop loving posting that its going to be a standalone game.
WE ALREADY KNOW.

You guys know that jason video that was posted a few pages back?

It HAS to be legit there is no Hockey mask in the game or the kinda of clothes he was wearing.

Not even in Arma2