Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 110551 times)

-stuff-
I remember it was late at night at and me and one friend went onto an empty server and went to the airfield near Grishino. We found tons of smoke grenades, a glock, two m4's, shotgun shells, an alice pack, and an AT4.

Plus ATCs and firehouses never spawn anything besides like Winchester ammo and bandages...
Not true actually i got my DMR from the Elecktro Firehouse.
And i have gotten a M1014 from the ATCs.

forget, came across my first zombie, shot it down, then got eaten by around 30 zombies. Lost my Enfield with 9 mags :(

forget, came across my first zombie, shot it down, then got eaten by around 30 zombies. Lost my Enfield with 9 mags :(
Well you loving used an enfield.
Try to avoid doing anything with an enfield, it's loud as hell.

Well you loving used an enfield.
Try to avoid doing anything with an enfield, it's loud as hell.

What is the gun that makes the least sound in the game?

What is the gun that makes the least sound in the game?
Bizon suppressed
Very rare gun though.
I often find AKMs in firestations, those are efficient and relativity quiet.
I use this map for scouting everything out.

Bizon suppressed
Very rare gun though.
I often find AKMs in firestations, those are efficient and relativity quiet.
I use this map for scouting everything out.

With a surpressed gun, are you basically safe when you shoot? As far as I know a surpressor masks the sound of the gun, making it impossible for someone to find out where it exactly shot from.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:31:32 PM by HerpaDerp »

With a surpressed gun, are you basically safe when you shoot? As far as I know a surpressor masks the sound of the gun, making it impossible for someone to find out where it exactly shot from.
When using suppressed weapons in normal Arma, enemies will not realize that you have shot at them even if you're very very close.
Zombie AI in dayz is way less hackers then in normal arma. If you found a suppressed bizon you'd be set in terms of sound doing anything to the zombies.

Oh I see

Funny thing, turns out that I played Dayz with the steam installed version of the game.

It had a bug where there were no zombies, and if there were they wouldn't attack me, bugged health, bugged gear, and basically I could easily survive. Hence I got such good gear, now I'm gonna die easily unless I got a partner

Oh I see

Funny thing, turns out that I played Dayz with the steam installed version of the game.

It had a bug where there were no zombies, and if there were they wouldn't attack me, bugged health, bugged gear, and basically I could easily survive. Hence I got such good gear, now I'm gonna die easily unless I got a partner
Uh
about that
I sorta
did the exact same thing you did
lee enfield and everything

Uh
about that
I sorta
did the exact same thing you did
lee enfield and everything

wat do you mean? Same situation with the zombies, bugs, etc?

The mod is rather enjoyable until you find another player. The rule now is to shoot on sight for most occasions. i wish it was still like the early weeks of the mod where you could count on someone not shooting you unless you stuck around for too long.

The mod is rather enjoyable until you find another player. The rule now is to shoot on sight for most occasions. i wish it was still like the early weeks of the mod where you could count on someone not shooting you unless you stuck around for too long.

Hard to trust people these days. I only trust people i know like people from BL forums like extrude and others

Hard to trust people these days. I only trust people i know like people from BL forums like extrude and others
My gameplan lately has been get a crossbow, matches, hatchet in belt, and a hunting knife and head north and live in the forests.

My gameplan lately has been get a crossbow, matches, hatchet in belt, and a hunting knife and head north and live in the forests.
Crossbows are really bad.