Author Topic: Help with making GIFs run faster  (Read 486 times)

I know the title is a bit weird so let me explain. I usually use Photoshop for my GIF work, such as my current avatar. The problem I've always had is that GIFs I make in Photoshop run slowly in any browser. They run just fine in Photoshop, I have the delay between frames set to 0 seconds, yet they still run slowly in browsers. I have tried so many programs to try and remedy this problem and none have helped.

I've seen smooth-running GIFs made with Photoshop though, so I think I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is. Before you ask, no, I have not yet tried GIMP; I would try it right now but I can't install it on school computers and I don't get home until around 5:30 because of work.

What do you guys use to make your GIFs? Websites that place watermarks in the GIF such as gifsoup are unacceptable.

There was this one website I used in creating a gmod stop motion gif where I could alter the miliseconds in between frames, if you're willing to put every frame in it could be possible.
EDIT: http://www.myspacegens.com/

Have you tried letting the entire animation run through once?

Sometimes your computer let's it slowing play through once as a loading method.  Although, I do believe that it's just plain slow.

The GIF has 88 fames, of course it's going to be slow.

There is a delay added in when you are like below 0.06 (Or 0.05 I don't know) that boosts it far over 0.06.

The reason for this is to make sure the GIF does not suck CPU power.

Here you go:

No idea why you would want this ugly forgeter as your avatar though.
If it's still skippy you most likely are using IE and IE limits gifs to 10 frames a second. (I do notice a weird skip when he turns to his right though)

^thats deadmau5 right?

Try cutting the frame rate. Like Demian said its 88 frames. Maybe cut out every other frame.

Here you go:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OuJCR.gif[/img]

okay how the hell did you do that

No idea why you would want this ugly forgeter as your avatar though.

it's from a video in which he makes one of the funniest references/jokes I've ever heard and the face he makes is hilarious imo. I also like his music a lot, so...

^thats deadmau5 right?

yes it is.

anyway, thanks zookuw, locked.