Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242913 times)

North Dakota: Where boring was invented.

Good place to hide during a zombie apocalypse, though.

Haha bones we drew the same picture of Katy Perry

also dwarf I read HDR and was expecting eye rape and that was actually an extremely tasteful and well executed application of the HDR process.

Thank you. I dislike the people who have given HDR a bad name by "eye raping" people. They don't understand that HDR is getting the proper exposure for multiple  areas of an image. A large dynamic range is only a slight part of it and all that sharpening crap in completely unnecessary.

Took a mediocre photo worth sharing off my phone tonight while working.  You can faintly see the second rainbow to the left of the the visible one.

DOUBLE RAINBOW ALL THE WAY!

Wow, that picture is actually at a pretty cool angle, nice job.
You have no idea how long it took to make the rainbow text, im sorry.

Film vs Digital?

film will always beat digital in terms of raw quality and sometimes color

there's just some looks that you can get with film that you cannot achieve with digital

although to be fair, digital is getting really close, and is very easy to use

film will always beat digital in terms of raw quality and sometimes color

there's just some looks that you can get with film that you cannot achieve with digital

although to be fair, digital is getting really close, and is very easy to use
I use a film Camera. A Nikon FG-20

I like film cameras more.

I use both all the time. I'm a photographer and director and I using real film about 30% of the time and digital the rest of the time.
Like Tetris said there is a certain look that film gives you that digital hasn't quit achieved just yet. Digital is better in darker situations.
When I film at night I use the cannon C500 which has 80,000 ISO but granted I don't and will never take it that far. If digital can ever
produce an official film look that will be the day!

not really a prime example of how to take a photo, but I just wanted to show off how cute these little guys are.

First test shot with my new nikkor 85mm 1.8G on my D600.

great photo but... that artifacting :C

related to photobucket

If you attach a fisheye lens to an iPhone and take a panorama, it'll make you rotate more than 360 degrees. It's pretty crazy actually, I'll see if I can get a nice photo with that technique tomorrow morning if there's a nice sunrise or something.

If you attach a fisheye lens to an iPhone and take a panorama, it'll make you rotate more than 360 degrees. It's pretty crazy actually, I'll see if I can get a nice photo with that technique tomorrow morning if there's a nice sunrise or something.
that sounds innov8ive

The sun

D600
Nikkor 70-300 4.5-5.6 (Circular polarizer and a pair of sunglasses in front)
300mm
1/4000s
f/40
ISO 50
Edited in lightroom to bring out detail and cropped.