■ The Photography Megathread ■

Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242905 times)

The first two are lovely
Third is just kinda eh

Re-edit of my Orion constellation shot. Includes the Running Man Nebula, Orion Nebula, Horsehead Nebula, and Flame Nebula. D600 with 50mm 1.8G. No astrophotography equipment. 40 10 second exposures stacked. Shot through light pollution and clouds.

Re-edit of my Orion constellation shot. Includes the Running Man Nebula, Orion Nebula, Horsehead Nebula, and Flame Nebula. D600 with 50mm 1.8G. No astrophotography equipment. 40 10 second exposures stacked. Shot through light pollution and clouds.

I'm going to try this. Is there a program that stacks and reorients the pictures since the stars move a bit in 7 minutes?

I'm going to try this. Is there a program that stacks and reorients the pictures since the stars move a bit in 7 minutes?
I can't remember if it was Photoshop or Bridge, but I bet the HDR functionality in one of those programs might work.

So my MicroSD card got corrupted or something, and as I was sifting through the wreckage I came across a photograph that didn't get totally destroyed.

It reminds me of that one woman who had a "salvaged" photo album after the police recovered her stolen laptop, and a lot of her  artwork had a few bytes missing and it led to very interesting images.

deepskystacker, registax for planetary.

So my MicroSD card got corrupted or something, and as I was sifting through the wreckage I came across a photograph that didn't get totally destroyed.

-clip-

It reminds me of that one woman who had a "salvaged" photo album after the police recovered her stolen laptop, and a lot of her  artwork had a few bytes missing and it led to very interesting images.

yeah it's actually pretty cool.

deepskystacker, registax for planetary.

thank you.

Canon T5i overkill

Petaluma Adobe:

and then somewhere else in nor-cal:

A pretty sunset I took with my phone.

D600
Imaging - Orion 8" f/3.9 Astrograph
Guiding - Orion ST-80 guidescope with Orion SSAG Autoguider
Celestron CGEM tracking mount
ISO 800
8x200 seconds for light frames (total exposure of 26.6 minutes)
5x200 seconds for dark frames
20x1/4000 second for bias frames
20x1/2 second for flat frames
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:08:31 PM by Bones4 »

Bones, do you have any higher res for that image?

its beyond amazing

also on top of that Bones, I'd like to see your setup although I already know what camera you're using just setup plz

Honno, thanks! Although I'd prefer not to give out full resolution files. Sorry.

rambo,

Size reference

Current conffiguration

I'm really new at photography, I just got my very first camera: Nikon D5100. I'm very excited, but for now all I'm taking pictures of are flowers:

8x200 seconds for light frames (total exposure of 26.6 minutes)
5x200 seconds for dark frames
20x1/4000 second for bias frames
20x1/2 second for flat frames

fantastic photo.

could you maybe explain a bit further what these mean?