■ The Photography Megathread ■

Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242859 times)

D600
Imaging - Orion 8" f/3.9 Astrograph
Guiding - Orion ST-80 guidescope with Orion SSAG Autoguider
Celestron CGEM tracking mount
ISO 800
8x200 seconds for light frames (total exposure of 26.6 minutes)
5x200 seconds for dark frames
20x1/4000 second for bias frames
20x1/2 second for flat frames

What lense ya using there ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:20:58 AM by Tetrahedron »

Do photoshop pictures go in this thread too?

Hey is anyone versed in the mysterious realm of Polaroid cameras? I've just recently taken an interest in buying one, but I'm not really sure where to start.

What lense ya using there ?

it was in the text you quoted. No lens. Telescope.

Hey is anyone versed in the mysterious realm of Polaroid cameras? I've just recently taken an interest in buying one, but I'm not really sure where to start.

meh there are many better film cameras out there.

polaroids are merely toys for hipsters and the like. i think Sirrus does film work?

meh there are many better film cameras out there.

polaroids are merely toys for hipsters and the like. i think Sirrus does film work?
I'm getting it mostly for the sentiment. I've seen so many pictures of my family in Polaroids, I just think it would be cool to have one myself. I don't really care about better quality cameras.

I need help..., when I upload this .jpg picture to facebook

I lose pixels or something

What do I do, I'm a newb at photography right now.

It's just the website compressing the image so it doesn't take up as much space.

I don't use Facebook, but maybe uploading it as a .png or something might help, unless the website converts it automatically.

rambo,
oh my lord that setup is amazing. Is it possible to take landscape pictures with that telescope or no? Legit serious question am actually concerned.

I'm really new at photography, I just got my very first camera: Nikon D5100. I'm very excited
You better be, one thing I recommend is looking up how to frame certain shots and whatnot, incorporating "shapes" into your pictures is very pleasing subliminally. It's sorta like cinematography in a way with the way I shoot atleast. Not telling you to be like this but just recommending you to it.

Otherwise, your pictures are quite nice, and take picutres of everything. The more pictures you take the better feel you get for it, as in what you're comfortable in doing knowing that a certain shot will turn out good and which ones won't, but alot of the time, things that look like absolute stuff to the naked eye can be absolutely stunning through the lens of a camera. Take for instance, I was at school filming a project for my Filmmaking class when I saw my friend walking down the hallway. I was in the middle of just even recording when I turned the camera in his direction. In real life it was ugly af but I went back to the footage to watch it back and one of the frames was absolutely beautiful.

and keep in mind I haven't edited the picture at all

so with said new camera, go outside and just explore and stuff. take pictures. have fun and stuff y'know, I go out with my friends all the time and every time I always have my camera on hand. Photography is sick af is what I'm trying to say in this wall of text. just go and get em'

If you buy a polaroid don't spend too much on it, they are sorta toys in a way, but really fun to experiment with. My gf has one and usually whenever I get the chance I play around with it and sometimes I actually get some nice shots. If you want to buy one and experiment with it go ahead.

I don't really have photography as a hobby but oh well. I grabbed the camera, played a bit with the functions and different settings until I got a basic idea of what does what and took these photos. Note: The original images are loving huge. I widthed them. Click the link below it for the full version.

http://i.imgur.com/PisXgCf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T0kGqGt.jpg

Haven't posted here in forever

Forgot I even took this one, rushed out after work one night cause I thought it'd make a neat photo with some snow flurries we had at the beginning of December

I have a few more, but I took these with the D7100 that my dad and I share. The first and third one were taken in Yosemite, and the second was taken in Kauai.