Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 244205 times)

Woops. I meant "or" :P
I should really proofread.

(long post)

infinite seawall

Lovely location, lovely DOF.

Nooooo :( there's no reason to have out of focus areas in those shots, it would benefit so much more from everything being in crisp focus.

Also the blur is artificially added in post production, which, especially in this situation there's no reason to do and looks very artificial.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:10:55 PM by Sirrus »

Yeah the DOF is super artificial. You put it so that the DOF is scattered all over the place.

Guys, have you not heard of tilt-shift photography?! This effect, done in post or not, make the image feel smaller than it really is, causing the illusion of the photo being taken in a miniaturized setting.

Photography isn't always about realism. Sometimes it's just about having fun with your camera, creating different types of art.

This is tilt-shift photography. The blurriness in the pictures erases the background and focuses on the subject; the photos on the beach erase the (top of) houses. Tilt-shift doesn't always work. Most of the time it's used from a high vantage point, and if you google image "tilt shift photography", I cannot find one shot from the ground.

If he wants to post his pictures on here I don't think anyone has problem with that but if you're unrecieving to criticism you shouldn't be posting your pictures publicly.

Please know that I am not trying to be offensive.

No worries, I never thought you were trying to be offensive. Maybe it just looks that way to me cause I'm viewing it on a tiny iPod screen. Overall, though, I'd say they're pretty good without the blur.

yyeah tbh i kinda expected some ccriticism for messing around with effects
i wwas kinda trying to set the 'clear rectangle' on the horizon wwhile looking straight down the seawall or whatever

DSC_0051(1) by GuitarSmashing, on Flickr
this one im thinking about maybe cropping it a little tighter, im not sure yet

DSC_0054(2) by GuitarSmashing, on Flickr

DSC_0050(1) by GuitarSmashing, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:10:22 PM by Spiderpig »

Those are really awesome. Were you standing in a bucket lift or something?

Those are really awesome. Were you standing in a bucket lift or something?
Nope! There is this walkway that goes over the hudson river that i ride my bike on because its so close to my house, theyre working on putting in an elevator so people from the train station can take it up on to the walkway.

Nope! There is this walkway that goes over the hudson river that i ride my bike on because its so close to my house, theyre working on putting in an elevator so people from the train station can take it up on to the walkway.
Oh okay, that's cool. I just now noticed how high up you actually are in the last picture haha.

Oh okay, that's cool. I just now noticed how high up you actually are in the last picture haha.
Yeah its like 200 some odd feet over the water, its like a mile long too

i took a picture of my kitten and it turned out nicely so i guess i'll post it here?