Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 242956 times)

ooo, big studio boy. How was that experience? And did they pay you or were you just glad to be there in general?
Most (probably all) fandom conventions are entirely volunteer-run. No one, from the volunteers who just put in just an hour or two of help, to the staff who work a ton of hours, get paid.
It was a fun experience and I might be offered to do it again next year

I have a LG G3 phone. Any recommended apps i should get? I have 2 long exposure apps, and then 2 effect modifer apps. Any other ones i need? Also, if I get enough into photography, I might upgrade to a cannon 70D, cannon 7D, or a cannon 4D... With some really bigass lenses.

I have a LG G3 phone. Any recommended apps i should get? I have 2 long exposure apps, and then 2 effect modifer apps. Any other ones i need? Also, if I get enough into photography, I might upgrade to a cannon 70D, cannon 7D, or a cannon 4D... With some really bigass lenses.
yo, 70D is always good, but remember the quality is in the lenses. I have a T5i that at times the quality shows to be better than Canon's high end stuff, but that's only when using a friends lens considering the only one I have is the stuffty kit 18-55mm. But otherwise save moola for good lenses.

Yeah a lot of models among various price ranges have the same sensor and thus same image quality, the extra price just gets you stuff like larger buffer, higher continuous shot rate, more auto focus points, etc, and gadgety stuff like WiFi or rotatable screens.

Find out exactly what your needs are in a body, then buy the lowest price body that fits those needs. Then spend the money you saved on good lenses.

I bought a sigma 17-50 f2.8 right before a convention. It was all the perfect focal range I needed, and the f2.8 really helped in the low light of the con space. I wish I had a different lens when I was doing the studio work, though, a little bit more reach would have been nice, and I didn't need the speed

I time traveled back to 1957

Some photos from a local historic mill

amateur stuff 

yo anyone here use 500px.com?

What do you guys think?
Sorry if it appears a little low quality,My imgur is loving with me.

that feeling when your picture is picked for a contest and they spell your last name wrong

-accidental post, the forums is being such a rooster today-

Got me some pusillanimous individual pics:

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

wHAT iS hE doiNG??

cool moon dog

this is actually 3 separate pictures cause it was huge

and slightly edited

So, I've recently been going out on some hikes, and seen some pretty good shots.

This one looked really kinda stale and uncolored, so I edited it.
Probably my favorite

This one I somehow turned into looking somewhat into looking like an oil painting.

Then there was this one, which I really just black pointed it a lot, and it looked nice.

Then finally there was this one, which I took while I was walking and expected it to be really bad, but ended up being a good capture.