Author Topic: In-Game VoiceChat (Specifically a request to Badspot)  (Read 1291 times)

I know tons of people have requested this before, but really, it is a brilliant idea. I know that if this were to be an add-on, people would need to download it to hear eachother, so that is why I put this as a request to Badspot, to implant it into the game in a future update.

Not possible, if i remember right.
Nor do people want it.

I think. I'm probably wrong.

Not possible, if i remember right.
Nor do people want it.

I think. I'm probably wrong.
Unless it is torque's problem and it cannot handle voice chat, games like garry's mod are sandbox and they have voice chat. I don't see why this couldn't.

Unless it is torque's problem and it cannot handle voice chat, games like garry's mod are sandbox and they have voice chat. I don't see why this couldn't.
the game genre doesnt even matter the problem is torque derp

the game genre doesnt even matter the problem is torque derp
he wasn't talking about it functioning, he was talking about it making sense being in a sandbox game.

I don't want to listen to a prepubescent 9 year old whining if I delete his build.
Also, it's impossible with Torque, I think.

I don't want to listen to a prepubescent 9 year old whining if I delete his build.
I don't like listening to prepubescent 9 year old whining when they get mad on FPS games.

Luckily on those there's the ability to mute people.

Also, it's impossible with Torque, I think.
as is yes

and i doubt there would be engine modifications for this to be possible

*cough* SHADERS/SHADOWS *cough*

i want to take the longest carrot in the world
and shove it straight through my eye

*cough* SHADERS/SHADOWS *cough*
a bit of a different case and i can't quite put into words how it is

a bit of a different case and i can't quite put into words how it is
he can modify the C++
which means he can add in what ever he wants.
and since this is basically sending binary data to a bunch of people and playing it
i wouldn't get your nipples too twisted up about it.

it'd be a pain in the ass though, that's for sure. regarding networking, it'd either require more work on the master server, a different server entirely for handling voice chats, or to have hosts have their own support for it.

To people complaining about whining kids, it's called mute.
This has been suggested so many times and is not going to be put ingame.

he can modify the C++
which means he can add in what ever he wants.
and since this is basically sending binary data to a bunch of people and playing it
i wouldn't get your nipples too twisted up about it.
i'm not saying it isn't possible