Author Topic: Sounds aren't showing up ingame, what am I doing wrong?  (Read 1313 times)

I have been trying to make some sound addons for my game, but they dont appear to be working.

I use audacity, all the sounds are mono and .wav, i have a description.txt, a server.cs, and a namecheck.txt, my sounds have _ instead of spaces, and it shows up in the addon list, but not ingame.

I am really stuck here and need your help.

you scripted it correctly, right?

you scripted it correctly, right?

I never knew that sounds required scripts, how should I "script it"?

What's in the server.cs then...

Code: [Select]
datablock AudioProfile(SOUND_DATABLOCK)
{
  filename    = "./SOUND_NAME.wav";
  description = AudioClose3d;
  preload = true;
};

Put that in the server.cs with the correct info, make sure the sound datablock name is unique.

Code: [Select]
datablock AudioProfile(SOUND_DATABLOCK)
{
  filename    = "./SOUND_NAME.wav";
  description = AudioClose3d;
  preload = true;
};

Put that in the server.cs with the correct info, make sure the sound datablock name is unique.

How do I open server.cs?

How do I open server.cs?
Open it with notepad

How did you get a server.cs in there if you don't know how to open it? Did you copy it from another mod?

Open it with notepad

How did you get a server.cs in there if you don't know how to open it? Did you copy it from another mod?

Uhhh.... Maybe....

What code would I use for a sound pack with 2 files?

When I create a server.cs file, I select a text document, then name it server.cs, right?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:11:58 PM by Ninja guy »

What code would I use for a sound pack with 2 files?

When I create a server.cs file, I select a text document, then name it server.cs, right?
is this your first time making sounds? you don't seem to know what you are doing.

look at the code in other soundpack .cs files to get some examples

is this your first time making sounds? you don't seem to know what you are doing.

look at the code in other soundpack .cs files to get some examples

i cant open .cs files for some reason

i am really clueless

i figured it out. locking