People exploiting my secret areas.

Author Topic: People exploiting my secret areas.  (Read 4556 times)

If you don't want someone saving, use custom bricks and put secrets like "Dan was here BL_ID: 20739" and such inside your build.
That does not prevent saving at all

Maybe I can make somthing like this for you.

I'll look into it after i finsh my Xray event

Please don't make this.

Admins are not always at my server.

Get better and/or more admins.

And if i didn't make secrets out of bricks, how else would i make them?

Shapes.

That does not prevent saving at all
yeah, they can just save and delete the brick(s).

This war Badspot speaks of. It has already started.
YoungRotations has already made a anti build saving mod

You can't stop people saving bricks, only events.

The entire concept of this thread is handicapped
Anyone that takes these suggestions seriously needs to stick their head in a bucket of water for a good half hour

Here are some quotes because I don't think this thread is worthy of retyping anything

I could write a client mod easily that can solve the "renamed datablocks" puzzle

Seriously, stop being idiots and contributing to these threads with ideas on how to stop saving
You send that client all the brick information when they spawn in your server.  THAT is when they have the info, not when they save, which just takes the info and writes it to file.  You want to stop them from saving your bricks?  Host a passworded server for forgetssake.

edit:
Badspot needs to make a sticky thread that explains how handicapped this idea is and why people shouldn't be build whores and sensitive about people saving their stuff.  Saving bricks from other servers is a great feature and it really makes me sick to see people paranoid about build stealing when the entire concept of a build being "stolen" is itself completely stupid.  Someone hosting a build made by someone else is perfectly fine, not "stealing."  People should be required to post save downloads in gallery topics if they think their build is good enough to show off.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=184260.msg4877001#msg4877001
OP is a moron

Being able to save and load anyone's builds is a wonderful feature.  It saddens me to see people getting so possessive over builds.  There is no loving harm in what the guy is doing.  In order for complaining about what you consider build stealing to be an intelligent concept, he would need to be going around publicizing the other person's builds and claiming it to be his own, or possibly taking a private build that he had been given trust to see and hosting it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=183148.msg4850624#msg4850624
God dammit people, builds are meant to be shared with everyone.  It does not matter that much who uses it.  If you really want to be a reclusive whore with your builds, then keep to single player.  I find the entire concept of a build getting "stolen" to be moronic.  It isn't like piracy where you are losing money from people illegally downloading saves.  It is just a save file.  It is stuff like this that causes nice builds to become lost and forgotten.  People should even post the bls saves if they think their build is nice enough to be enjoyed by the entire community.

This war Badspot speaks of. It has already started.
YoungRotations has already made a anti build saving mod
Its true and I've seen it in action. Someone tried to save his stage and POOF banned.
I never care if someone saves my build as long as they don't claim it as they'res.

Maybe I can make somthing like this for you.

I'll look into it after i finsh my Xray event

k done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyKj39Ni5Y

i don't see how you can make an unscramble script from just a .bls file.
Code: [Select]
16x32 Base" 307 160 30.9 1 1 3  0 0 1 1 1

i don't see how you can make an unscramble script from just a .bls file.
Code: [Select]
16x32 Base" 307 160 30.9 1 1 3  0 0 1 1 1

Unless you also save the server's datablock information to use for matching.
I would be really straight forward, I just hope that some moron doesn't go ahead and make it necessary.

I would honestly find it flattering if someone hosted my (newer) builds. I don't see the issue with someone finding it interesting enough to save it.

Your missing the point here.
Dude, it's NOT DAMN POSSIBLE to prevent clients from saving the build.
The entire saving process is done THROUGH THE CLIENT, NOT THE SERVER.

Why should you even get upset if someone has your map? If you have proof they didn't make it, they look like a pathetic cunt who can't build. As long as people you care about know the build is yours, let bygones be bygones.

I heard from a server that saving was client-sided, so I don't think this can happen.

Well what i need is a mod that makes them not be able to save events. Most of the secrets are triggered through events.

I don't give a forget if they save my bricks, thats not the problem, so stop posting about it.

The problem is their exploiting my secrets, and thats bullstuff.

What kind of idiot makes a rpg that makes it so there are secrets that give you endgame weapons? Thats just stupid and bad layout in the first place, its your fault. And there are a lot of ways to make sure people don't take credit for your builds, for one, other people on the server may have seen you building it, you can also randomly event bricks to say "made by blahblah" or something similar.