Author Topic: People exploiting my secret areas.  (Read 4546 times)

What kind of idiot makes a rpg that makes it so there are secrets that give you endgame weapons? Thats just stupid and bad layout in the first place, its your fault. And there are a lot of ways to make sure people don't take credit for your builds, for one, other people on the server may have seen you building it, you can also randomly event bricks to say "made by blahblah" or something similar.
Why should you even get upset if someone has your map? If you have proof they didn't make it, they look like a pathetic cunt who can't build. As long as people you care about know the build is yours, let bygones be bygones.
You both aren't getting the point. Post something relevant.

The entire concept of this thread is handicapped
Anyone that takes these suggestions seriously needs to stick their head in a bucket of water for a good half hour

Here are some quotes because I don't think this thread is worthy of retyping anything

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=184260.msg4877001#msg4877001

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=183148.msg4850624#msg4850624
You missing the point, AND your a loving richardhead.

You can't stop people saving bricks, only events.
This is what i need.

They've got the point, you don't. Expecting people to agree with you on the Internet is not a smart thing to do.

You can't stop people saving bricks, only events.
Go ahead. Try packaging the functions that send event data to the client.

You both aren't getting the point. Post something relevant.
I'm posting off of what was on the op, and what I posted makes sense and are logical solutions, why is this hard to understand?

I wonder if you would be banned for releasing a mod that prevents event save data?

I wonder if you would be banned for releasing a mod that prevents event save data?
Go ahead. Try packaging the functions that send event data to the client.

god damn kalphiter
hinting at impossiblity

god damn kalphiter
hinting at impossiblity

Nothing is impossible!

Nothing is impossible!
Yes you can still detect it through console output by doing trace(1);

Nothing is impossible!
packaging the setKey function and various authentication checks, apparently the commands that send event data, uh
gameConnection::onConnect

yes, some is impossible.

Not... not without.. dare i say it, hacking blockland

The op is pissed about having people save his build to "cheat" their way to secrets. Not about the build being stolen.

I would suggest not having those secrets there in the first place. Why should people who happen to have more time on their hands benefit more than those who don't?

The op is pissed about having people save his build to "cheat" their way to secrets. Not about the build being stolen.

I would suggest not having those secrets there in the first place. Why should people who happen to have more time on their hands benefit more than those who don't?
this is where it impedes on creativity. people shouldn't be told to not build secrets. i am pro saving, but i honestly hate when people cheat by loading in single player. just use a custom brickpack or something if you REALLY want to protect your build

Thank you for seeing the point, finally....  but i really don't wanna delete them, there awesome.
Some cool hidden passages and quests, most are evented brick passages, so if they don't save events, its all good.

And because its a roleplay and the longer you spend on the server, the more places you can go to, and the you can get better and better items. It takes time. And the longer they play, the more people join, and PvP gets competitive.

Okay, argument is good enough.

I suggest then nerfing the weapons and/or powers you can get. Instead, hide the really powerful ones in places that require another weapon or ability to get to

this is where it impedes on creativity. people shouldn't be told to not build secrets. i am pro saving, but i honestly hate when people cheat by loading in single player. just use a custom brickpack or something if you REALLY want to protect your build
actually, yeah, just making a brick pack of your own (be it just a recreating of the default bricks in a separate category and/or adding other bricks) WOULD do a good job of preventing people from being able to properly load your build.