People exploiting my secret areas.

Author Topic: People exploiting my secret areas.  (Read 4548 times)

Say you just made a huge awesome rpg with loads of secret areas that have really epic content.

Someone joins your server, saves your build, and leaves. They then go into single-player and use f8 to find all the awesome secrets that you spent so long building and hiding. They then come back to your server, find your secrets, and end up with end-game weapons within 10-15 minutes. They then go on to defeat everybody in PvP, even the players with 3+ hours of playtime.

This is the problem. Too many people going into single player with my save and finding all my hidden areas, now i gotta spend another 4 hours eventing the secrets to noob-proof them, and some i can't even do that to. This is ridiculous.

You should need admin or higher to save events with the bricks of a server, and a rtb pref to change it.

I've seen somewhere on a server "<name> was kick from the server for trying to save bricks"     Can't remember what server.

I don't care about people having my build, so stop posting about it.

I care about people exploiting my secret areas.

Request: Mod that don't allow others to save events unless they have admin or higher.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:54:18 PM by tony-0222 »

Quote from: Badspot
Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 

Someone cheats? Ban them. Someone steals? Prove it. Don't want people to have your builds and learn your "secrets"? Don't host multiplayer.

Badspot has said before, it is not going to happen.

I don't think badspot would mind if it was admin-only saving. I think his problem is with host-only saving.

I just don't want people to find all my secrets in 5 minutes that i spent 4+ hours to build. :'c

secrets, three solutions:
  • Don't make your secrets out of bricks.
  • Don't make them easy to find with a free camera.
  • Have dedicated administrators and moderators who can ban players who seem to just know where secrets are from the start.

project, one solution:
  • Don't host it until you've posted it in Gallery.

I'm not always at my server. Admins are not always at my server.

I have no problem with sharing my build, but when they use it to exploit secrets that should require 2+ hours of playtime, i'm quite upset. My hidden areas are hidden good, but with the named bricks, anyone in single player can easily find them.

And if i didn't make secrets out of bricks, how else would i make them?

Deal with it. If you don't want someone to take credit for your build, event your name into a few random bricks that only you know about.

Put secret areas really far out of the map and send people to them with evented teleports. That way, they won't ghost to anyone who hasn't been to them, and thus won't save.

Put secret areas really far out of the map and send people to them with evented teleports. That way, they won't ghost to anyone who hasn't been to them, and thus won't save.

I did that for some of them. Good idea too ;) but not possible for all my secrets, as some are in villages not in stand-alone areas.

Deal with it. If you don't want someone to take credit for your build, event your name into a few random bricks that only you know about.
Your missing the point here.

No, YOU'RE missing the point. The point is that the game is made to share your builds with others and build together. If you can't handle the fact that a few people out of THOUSANDS of players are going to be asshats you're playing the wrong mode, play single player if your precious build is being saved by some idiot players. Put a password up and only invite people, just quit whining because you can't handle someone else using your build. If someone comes, joins the server, saves, and then finds out all the secrets to it, so what? They're having fun playing your build. Even if they have an unfair advantage so what?

This war Badspot speaks of. It has already started.
YoungRotations has already made a anti build saving mod

The point is that there is nothing you can do about it so you need to deal with it, and I didn't miss that.

I've seen somewhere on a server "<name> was kick from the server for trying to save bricks"     Can't remember what server.

Maybe I can make somthing like this for you.

I'll look into it after i finsh my Xray event

Maybe I can make somthing like this for you.

I'll look into it after i finsh my Xray event
How
I also need that

If you don't want someone saving, use custom bricks and put secrets like "Dan was here BL_ID: 20739" and such inside your build.