Author Topic: Pixel Art  (Read 792740 times)

Didn't post pixel art for several weeks now.

Time to do that again and come back with a boom (more or less).
whats his name
can it be rockgar
Clunk from Awesomenauts. But this is a custom version.
It could be Rockunk.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:07:58 PM by LeetZero »

A gaming project I'm doing inspired by OFF

coo, although i hope most of the game will have a black fill to contrast those sprites, they're too bright to put on a white fill

really like the idea of those elements

A gaming project I'm doing inspired by OFF

You are making a game with no playable dragons?

I like the art style.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:43:02 PM by Fastlex »

coo, although i hope most of the game will have a black fill to contrast those sprites, they're too bright to put on a white fill
yeah, going to end up using a different palette for tiles.

really like the idea of those elements

Oil, Alcohol, Mercury, Ectoplasm, and Tears.

You are make a game with no playable dragons?

I like the art style.
There's are no mention of dragons until the very very end.

There's are no mention of dragons until the very very end.

"Thank you for saving the world, hero! By the way, dragons"

you should become a script writer for video games

More like, "This is MY world! Here, have some DRAGONS."

Made one.
It's a helmet, Though despite it being small as forget, It's pretty much a template.

ugh pixel art...
my most favorite art style but sadly i stopped doing it because it was the same horrible looking crap after another. i couldnt picture anything in my head and when i tried to get it into how i wanted it it always became deformed. i also never knew any ways to make my pixel art look better or how to resize it. i also tried to get into photoshop pixel art but i could never figure out how to do it, even though i read all the guides and everything to do with it. i read all guides and everything possible about pixel art but i could never get it right
all your guys pixel art make me want to get back into it but i have no idea how.
any help will be appreciated

ugh pixel art...
my most favorite art style but sadly i stopped doing it because it was the same horrible looking crap after another. i couldnt picture anything in my head and when i tried to get it into how i wanted it it always became deformed. i also never knew any ways to make my pixel art look better or how to resize it. i also tried to get into photoshop pixel art but i could never figure out how to do it, even though i read all the guides and everything to do with it. i read all guides and everything possible about pixel art but i could never get it right
all your guys pixel art make me want to get back into it but i have no idea how.
any help will be appreciated
Here's how I do it.

1: Open Paint.NET
2: Turn off Anti-Aliasing
3: Set brush size to one
4: Turn pixel grid on
5: Zoom ALL the way in
6: Think of what I want to make
7: Make it
8: Perfect.

Here's how I do it.

1: Open Paint.NET
2: Turn off Anti-Aliasing
3: Set brush size to one
4: Turn pixel grid on
5: Zoom ALL the way in
6: Think of what I want to make
7: Make it
8: Perfect.

9: Rescale sprite by going to Image>Resize. Select Nearest Neighbor and scale up by desired percentage